Where do you buy most of your kitchen tools?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes restaurant supply rules, for things like wooden spoons, can openers, graters, cork screws, serving dishes, storage containers.
Sam's club has good frying pans, for dirt cheap. Macy's has the best sales on pots and pans, especially sets. There is a sale going on there now. I was there yesterday. They had a set SS Tools Of Trade, 12 pcs for 99 bucks.

And then of course on line stuff.

The thing is that if you buy decent quality to begin with, you don't need to buy very often. About 8 years ago I moved here and bought a lot of stuff new (because I'd sold or given away most of what I owned, then traveled in an RV for three years and was refurnishing a house from scratch). But the only kitchen equipment I've bought since then are my teflon frying pans, which I replace every 3-5 years (as soon as they start showing wear and tear). To originally start up my "new" kitchen (new to me, the house is 155 years old) I bought Sitram pots and pans from the Chef's catalog, a few things from our local gourmet equipment shop, crystal from a wine-lovers' catalog (can't remember its name now). I already had china and silver and serving pieces in storage. For everyday I like plain Corelle, some of which I've bought at outlet stores over the years (of course, none of that here), but also from Wal-Mart and Replacements. I assume BBB is Bed Bath & Beyond, and that is where I buy my periodic teflon skillets and other little stuff. But that isn't even an annual trip.

Back
Top Bottom