Who Is Your Favorite Celebrity Chef?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A lot of your chefs I don't know although I have seen Rachel Ray.
I love Ainsley Harriot, we saw him cook at a Good Food and Wine show 2 years ago, Curtis Stone was there too (he is Australian!) I like Gordon Ramsay although I wouldn't like to get on the wrong side of him. I also like Rick Stein.

I would imagine that it's the same way you'd spell onyowns? Haha!!

I love his way with words and his Southern Cajiun accent!! I wonder if he has any cookbooks out.

There was still yet another one- James Beard. Sadly, he passed on though in the early '80's. He was more like the Southwestern cuisine type, much like Bobby Flay is today.

Still another one - Graham Kerr who hosted The Galloping Gourmet and another show in the early '90s based on light low-cal cuisine, like the shows Low-Carb and Loving It and Calorie Commando.

~Corey123.

I learned a lot from watching Jeff Smith, but Justin Wilson always seemed a bit dirty to me. He wasn't very careful about the kitchen towel he used and I wouldn't have eaten anything he cooked, but some of the recipes looked ok. I can't watch anyone cook who isn't as Julia Child always said "impeccably clean".

Bon Appittit!!

That was her signature ending for each and every show she did. Haha!!

She used to sip some wine on her show The French Chef.

Yes, she was very clean in the kitchen! That was one of the many things that I liked about her.

~Corey123.

Corey123 said:
Still another one - Graham Kerr who hosted The Galloping Gourmet and another show in the early '90s based on light low-cal cuisine, like the shows Low-Carb and Loving It and Calorie Commando.

Well Corey, now, especially with the last two, you're getting to my list of most annoying.

grumblebee said:
As far as cooking goes, I really like chef Michael Smith (from "Chef at Home" - it's a canadian cooking show so you US folk might not be familiar with him), Masahara Morimoto (from Iron Chef and Iron Chef America), and Jamie Oliver. (from Naked Chef, School Lunch Project, etc.)

Michael Smith all the way. I just love the way he works in the kitchen and how he likes things to be simple rather than just appearing simple.

I also enjoy Giada and David Rocco.

Graham Kerr did his Galloping Gourmet here in the UK before he emigrated to the US. So when his American series was advertised here, I wanted to watch it.... I couldn't STAND it! Changing all his dishes to low fat/low cal took at least HALF the taste out of every dish for me.

That move probably saved his life and that of his wife also. They both had very serious health problems.

Indeed.... He was a lush!:chef: And was well-known for it here - just like Keith Floyd, who sadly won't make old bones as he hasn't changed his lifestyle :rolleyes:

I enjoyed your description of "won't make old bones". I've never heard that and it is quite apt in such cases.

Wow, this is a tough question, I love so many chefs! Right now I'd have to give my vote to Gordon Ramsey and Anthony Bourdain, not only is it their cooking that appeals to me, but I like their distinct, no nonsense personalities :chef:

I really like Anthony Bourdain. He is crude, crass, rude and I love every second of it.

What I really admire about him though is his willingness to try things that others might find wrong. He does not do it as much for the shock value as he does out of respect for the food and the people who eat it.

There are also two other famous Italian celebrity chefs.

One is Lidia Matticchio and the other one (can't remember her name) does the cooking show Chio Italiano. Both are on PBS.

Does anyone know the 2nd person's name? She has a very heavy accent and she mainly makes dishes that feature dough with them.

~Corey123.

Lidia Matticchio Bastianich does the Lidia's Italian Kitchen and Mary Ann Esposito does Ciao, Italia!

Back
Top Bottom