World Poetry Day Dinner - 3/21/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beer brined pork loin chops, cheesy scalloped potatoes, and green beans.

Attachments

• 2018-03-21 18.14.09.jpg
    2018-03-21 18.14.09.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 134
Last Night I Dreamed of Chickens
Jack Prelutsky, 1940

Last night I dreamed of chickens,
there were chickens everywhere,
they were standing on my stomach,
they were nesting in my hair,
they were pecking at my pillow,
they were hopping on my head,
they were ruffling up their feathers
as they raced about my bed.

They were on the chairs and tables,
they were on the chandeliers,
they were roosting in the corners,
they were clucking in my ears,
there were chickens, chickens, chickens
for as far as I could see...
when I woke today, I noticed
there were eggs on top of me.

You might think that I am having chicken for supper, but I am not. I just liked this poem.

CD

:LOL: Good one Casey. We're having chicken tonight though.

For the second time in 12 days I'm doing my "Greek Influenced Thighs with Orzo and Lemon"
We must really like it. :chef:

If anyone is interested, I guess I should type up my "on the fly dish" in recipe form at the right forum and follow the rules. :)

Homer is right, again, KL. :LOL:

I used another of my Einstein Bros bagels to make myself a bagel burger. I used a toasted "Everything" bagel. That, and a beef patty and two slices of white American cheese. That's all. Nothing else was needed. The bagel added all the complimentary flavors needed.

If you have never made a bagel burger, I suggest you try it. A bagel really does make a great bun for a burger.

CD

Attachments

• BagelBurger001.jpg
    BagelBurger001.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Are you talking about a soft bagel, Casey? Like one you buy stacked in a row in a bag in a supermarket? Or a proper, crusty, dense NYC type?
I'm going to have to try it out. A crusty bagel seems like it would overpower the meat, crushing it instead of biting through. Although I do like tuna or whitefush salad on a NYC bagel. It kinda squishes out, but it's workable.

Are you talking about a soft bagel, Casey? Like one you buy stacked in a row in a bag in a supermarket? Or a proper, crusty, dense NYC type?
I'm going to have to try it out. A crusty bagel seems like it would overpower the meat, crushing it instead of biting through. Although I do like tuna or whitefush salad on a NYC bagel. It kinda squishes out, but it's workable.

This bagel came from Einstein Bros bagels. They are not supermarket bagels, but probably aren't quite NY Jewish deli bagels, either. They are really good bagels. I toasted the bagel in my regular toaster set for a light browning. They had a nice crunch, but were still soft enough for the burger to work.

They do NOT overpower the burger. In fact, they are great at soaking up the fat from the meat and not falling apart like a bun does with a juicy burger.

All I can say is that you need to give it a try. If you don't like it, you've wasted a dollar or two. If you do like it, you can send me a dollar or two... or two thousand. Whatever you think it was worth. I'm thinking at least 600 bucks.

CD :yum:

Last edited:
I've done bagels on the large Thomas' English muffins and they were good. I need to remember to try bagels when we grill burgers this summer.

A link of bratwurst, a scoop of kraut :yum:
Mashed potatoes - we burped out lout :ohmy:
Some pickled beets and mustard too :)
This is the best poem I can make for you. ;)

Pretty beige, so no photo.

This bagel came from Einstein Bros bagels. They are not supermarket bagels, but probably aren't quite NY Jewish deli bagels, either. They are really good bagels. I toasted the bagel in my regular toaster set for a light browning. They had a nice crunch, but were still soft enough for the burger to work.

They do NOT overpower the burger. In fact, they are great at soaking up the fat from the meat and not falling apart like a bun does with a juicy burger.

All I can say is that you need to give it a try. If you don't like it, you've wasted a dollar or two. If you do like it, you can send me a dollar or two... or two thousand. Whatever you think it was worth. I'm thinking at least 600 bucks.

CD :yum:

Dude, you're getting ripped off if you're paying 2 bucks for a bagel, unless it comes with TAYLOR HAM!!!!!!

(reel'd ya in like a fish...)

Tag, you're it.

Last edited:
:LOL: Good one Casey. We're having chicken tonight though.

For the second time in 12 days I'm doing my "Greek Influenced Thighs with Orzo and Lemon"
We must really like it. :chef:

If anyone is interested, I guess I should type up my "on the fly dish" in recipe form at the right forum and follow the rules. :)
Last trip to the market I bought the spice
So if you post the recipe it would be nice

Dinner was

Scrambled eggs, maple breakfast sausage and fresh fruit

eggs_maple_sausage_fruit_032118_IMG_3818.jpg

Dude, you're getting ripped off if you're paying 2 bucks for a bagel, unless it comes with TAYLOR HAM!!!!!!

(reel'd ya in like a fish...)

Tag, you're it.

I paid 7-bucks for 13 bagels. And, thanks for the idea. I don't know about that ham you mentioned, but I bet some good Jersey Pork Roll would be good on an Einstein's four-cheese bagel.

CD

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom