Wot's in't pot, Dot? Dinner 11/20/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Buried treasure = baked beans with pork chops cut in pieces. Arugula salad, cheesy garlic drop biscuits. Cookies and milk.

The store had boneless pork loin roasts on sale a couple weeks ago. I bought 2 and sliced 1 1/2 of them into boneless chops. Froze in meal size baggies. None of the roasts had very much in the way of fat caps, they trim them up too much, but the price was right.

My friend had surgery two weeks ago for cancer. Thankfully they got it all with the surgery but she is still on the mend. They took lymph nodes to test and she's still having fluid problems and slow getting around. I'm taking supper over and eating with her tonight. I'm making Parmesan chicken (chicken breasts in breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese) with corn pudding (her fave), broccoli with cheese sauce, salads, and turtle pie.

Corn pudding, Jabbur? Is there a recipe posted? If not, please tell. I'd love to try that.

I'm still experimenting with American Southern foods. Tonight is glazed ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, and seasoned green beans that Lakisha made here once.

With love,
~Cat

I've been on a guacomole kick lately. I work up one avocado at a time and eat on the guacomole that day. Today's quacomole was a little heavy on the garlic:huh:, I had run out of small cloves....

guacomole and tortilla chips

Well, it was going to be Costco rotisserie chicken. I even bought the chicken and put it in the thermal bag. When I got home, Stirling was frying up ground beef, onion, and garlic to put in the freezer for sloppy Joes and stuff. So by the time he was done, the chicken would have had to be nuked.

Stirling picked up a dozen bagels earlier today. He suggested that I pick up some smoked salmon. Since I was at Costco, I picked up a package of Norwegian smoked salmon. While I was at the health food store I picked up some organic Danish cream cheese. So, since we both wanted smoked salmon, that's what we had for supper. I sliced some red onion and put out the capers to go with it. Stirling pulled out the toaster for the bagels. Oh yeah, that was what we needed. Happy tummy.

I guess I'll nuke the rotisserie chicken tomorrow for supper.

:LOL: Best laid plans...nice to have tomorrow's dinner planned, Taxy!

Grilled cheese sammies here.

Last edited:
Tonight is rainbow trout fillets with a caramelized scallion/white wine glaze, basmati rice, and steamed broccoli.

I have a rotisserie so I dressed up a chicked with rosemary, tyme and olive oil and cooked that up with some brussel sprouts and mixed veggies in butter sauce and some stuffing w/gravy on the side. dessert - home made apple pie (from my granny smith apple tree). OH YUM !

Sausages seasoned to taste like the barbequed spare ribs you get in a Chinese restaurant.
bloody hell,they sound good andy!.never seen anything like that over here...unless they are sold in the chinese supermarkets & i haven't noticed them.

Green Beans and Bacon

1424395_10200922065242760_230034821_n.jpg

Your chops look smashing Harry but I liked them cooked in the oven in cider so the meat is soft then I make a creamy cider sauce with the cooking liquid and some mushrooms to go in it . Doing this tomoz .

Your chops look smashing Harry but I liked them cooked in the oven in cider so the meat is soft then I make a creamy cider sauce with the cooking liquid and some mushrooms to go in it . Doing this tomoz .
oh boy,pork,cider,cream & mushrooms....your place or mine:yum:?!!
don't forget to take a few piccies,queenie;)!!

Back
Top Bottom