Your peanut butter preferences?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i'd love to hear what you guys think of the way peanut butter ought to be.
i have suddenly begun to love peanut butter in all forms.... on bread with a glass of milk to wash it down, directly from the jar on a spoon, all-natural or regular, salted or -un, sweetened or not, crunchy or smooth......
but if i had to choose, at the moment i'd say give me some all- natural, salted peanut butter (smooth peanut butter) on some whole-grain toast and i'd be happy. with milk. peanut butter just isn't peanut butter to me without that glass of milk.:-p
but that's only for the moment.
tomorrow my new phase could be the almond butter. it was almond butter very recently instead of peanut butter.:LOL:

your ideal peanut butter and how you best enjoy it?

Last edited:
My favorite is Jif chunky on bread with blackberry jam, and a glass of milk also. Sometimes when I work too long in the yard and feel like all my energy is gone, I have that and start to feel better right away. It is like an elixir to me.

Natural PB, of any type. I like creamy best but don't mind crunchy. I like it on toasted grainy bread (no butter!) or a ww bagel. Smuckers makes one where they add just a bit of honey. mmmm That's my favorite.

I haven't found any at a Farmer's Market here, but the honey roasted one talked about sounds great too.

:heart:
Z

Crunchy gets my top vote, and I do prefer a natural peanut butter when I can come by it...

Cliche as it sounds I think grape jelly and peanut butter will always get my top vote, well aside from homemade peanut butter cups that is!

p.s.
A long time ago my brother asked me for a peanut butter ice cream recipe, and I had to admit that was one I had never heard of let alone made myself :huh:...does anyone have a recipe?

I do not know what is wrong with me but I will not eat anything but Jif creamy.

I HATE "natural" peanut butter. And so does my dog!

It must have a lot of salt and sugar to taste good to me.

favorite: crackers and carrots. I lived on peanut butter and carrots in college.

Luvs, you absolutely MUST try these!

http://www.peanutbetter.com/783/html/home1.html

I've been buying from this company at the yearly harvest festivals (they make amazing hot pepper jellies!) and last year I started eating their Peanut Butter. My 2 faves are the Thai ginger (which is so good to saute chicken in and then mix in with noodles!) and the Cinnamon Currant, which is truly fab.
The gals who run the company are so nice too, which is a big selling point for me.

Creamy!
On toast or on soft white bread with strawberry jam, or in pie or fudge or milkshakes.
I don't like crunchy peanut butter.

jkath said:
Luvs, you absolutely MUST try these!

http://www.peanutbetter.com/783/html/home1.html

I've been buying from this company at the yearly harvest festivals (they make amazing hot pepper jellies!) and last year I started eating their Peanut Butter. My 2 faves are the Thai ginger (which is so good to saute chicken in and then mix in with noodles!) and the Cinnamon Currant, which is truly fab.
The gals who run the company are so nice too, which is a big selling point for me.

thanks, jkath! i pulled the link up and am going to look at it when i'm done here.:)

I like Skippy Creamy, on very soft white bread. Usually with jam (black cherry, strawberry, apricot-pineapple), sometimes with honey or apple butter. And yes, with a big cold glass of milk!

:) Barbara

foodaholic said:
Peanut butter and bacon on toasted and buttered bread,that's the ticket.

oh, my, have you got the right idea!
and me and peanut butter and pickle sandwiches.......

Peanut Butter Pie! YUM!

Anyone ever have peanut butter cheesecake? It sounds really good...especially with chopped peanuts on top and drizzled with fudge sauce.

only use fresh ground peanut butter. all those commercial brands are 50% margarine and corn sweeteners. bad free radicals, bad...go away colesterol!

Back
Top Bottom