2017 Edition - What are you baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pic of pies.

Attachments

• IMG_20170604_153325.jpg
    IMG_20170604_153325.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 121
I get a kick out of some of the comments people post on food blogs. Here's one for the above Coffee Cake:

"This looks lovely and sounds simple , but where does the coffee ingredient come in? or do you mean its a good cake with coffee? I’m confused, I was looking for how much coffee you use?" :ermm::LOL:

I actually once made a coffee cake with coffee in it. Yeah, kinda like Tira misunderstood. (Oh this autocorrect is driving me NUTS! Tira misu ) yeah, instant coffee dI solved in water to give the coffee flavor. It was Good! Made mocha chocolate cookies too once! Sooooo good!

-------------------------
That pie looks good too! Don't know if I've ever had rhubarb. Hmm But chicken pot pie sounds good! (That's how I processed that :))

------------------------

Oh and nice Andy! Never thought to make English muffins. How do you do it?

Last edited:
Second try for hamburger rolls. They look good and we'll test them tonight.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_2cfa.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2cfa.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 121
Tinkering around and playing in flour and yeast today . Discovered a recipe for no-knead dinner rolls that sounded intriguing and am still on my quest to make decent biscuits.

The no-knead rolls recipe is definitely a "keeper" and the recipe for biscuits on the back of the White Lily all-purpose flour bag is pretty neat, too.

I've never been the best biscuit maker and have had an on-going quest to find a recipe that produces the type of biscuit that I consider a biscuit. Got a little closer today.

At least Glenn is a willing taste-tester.:ROFLMAO:

Nice buns, Andy. :D

Katie, I have one of those willing taste-testers, too. :LOL: Good luck with the biscuit search.

Seeing as how I bake in spurts, today I spurted out a loaf of Sally Lunn bread and two quick breads-Mom's banana nut and a blueberry-lemon one. Cut the quick-breads in half; both halves of the banana nut and one half of the blueberry are in the freezer. I think the next time I make the blueberry bread I'll leave the pecans out. Just doesn't taste right.

Attachments

• 20170607_195116.jpg
    20170607_195116.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 118
  • 20170607_214608.jpg
    20170607_214608.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 133
Nice buns, Andy. :D

Katie, I have one of those willing taste-testers, too. :LOL: Good luck with the biscuit search.

Seeing as how I bake in spurts, today I spurted out a loaf of Sally Lunn bread and two quick breads-Mom's banana nut and a blueberry-lemon one. Cut the quick-breads in half; both halves of the banana nut and one half of the blueberry are in the freezer. I think the next time I make the blueberry bread I'll leave the pecans out. Just doesn't taste right.

CG, do you have recipes for these breads? They look delicious.

007.JPG

008.JPG

Jumbo Pecan Streusel Sour Cream Coffee Cake Muffins
for Sunday's Brunch tomorrow
(sshhhhh, don't tell DH what's in `em ;),
he likes it so we'll just leave it at that, no won't we)

:blush:
I got their little pants a bit too full, but boy,
they sure are tasty!
Of course we had to taste one with a cuppa joe,
make sure they're ok
:yum:

View attachment 27062

View attachment 27063

Jumbo Pecan Streusel Sour Cream Coffee Cake Muffins
for Sunday's Brunch tomorrow
(sshhhhh, don't tell DH what's in `em ;),
he likes it so we'll just leave it at that, no won't we)

:blush:
I got their little pants a bit too full, but boy,
they sure are tasty!
Of course we had to taste one with a cuppa joe,
make sure they're ok
:yum:

Recipe?

SO just baked a batch of paklava for a function we're going to Sunday. It's done and cooling waiting for it's simple syrup bath.

Just took a tray of hamburger buns out of the oven. I smoked a 7-pound pork shoulder yesterday in the stovetop smoker and you can't eat shredded pork and barbecue sauce unless it's parked on a big fat bun.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

I have all the dry ingredients together for tomorrow for making Alton Brown's English Muffins. I got sidetracked today when I was starting to make them. So had to put that aside.

Back
Top Bottom