What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Addie, too bad you and I aren't closer, we could keep each other company at night. My hips and shoulders were really bad yesterday and last night and I couldn't get comfortable. I can't really take any more pain medication than I am all ready on, so I rely on creams and relaxation techniques. But when it is really bad none of it helps like last night.

Today I am doing some stuff for our vow renewal ceremony. You can catch up on that thread if you are interested.

I am also hoping to bake some gluten free loaves - zucchini, banana and pumpkin. They are from mixes but you add all the fresh ingredients and are probably better (and easier) than anything I have ever made from scratch!

Just came in from a baseball fielding session with my grandson. It has become evident from watching just three of his ballgames that 7-year olds learn to hit a ball more easily than they learn to field a ball. It's comical to watch them trying to catch a soft ground ball in the infield, and if they do, to remember to throw it to first base. So I dug out my OLD baseball glove and played catch for a bit.

Just came in from a baseball fielding session with my grandson. It has become evident from watching just three of his ballgames that 7-year olds learn to hit a ball more easily than they learn to field a ball. It's comical to watch them trying to catch a soft ground ball in the infield, and if they do, to remember to throw it to first base. So I dug out my OLD baseball glove and played catch for a bit.

Baseball glove?
I've heard of batting gloves...
Maybe an oven mitt? :LOL:

I just pulled a loaf of white sandwich bread out of the oven; it's cooling on the counter. I need to go out and move the sprinkler to water my new herbs.

Attachments

• 2014-05-13 17.28.31.jpg
    2014-05-13 17.28.31.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 172
You know, baseball gloves. The Indians misuse them all the time.

Uh-Ohh. CG isn't going to like that comment...
And with both of you living in Mass, she's liable to walk over to your house and do something about it :angel:

Meh pac, Andy speaks the truth. And unlike the fans up here, we fans of OH teams are accustomed to not winning. We've never had the chance to feel like we're entitled to winning championships all the time. ;)

I have this wild dream. All in the SAME sports year, one team after another, all four of our professional sports team will win their championship. Along with the Revolutions. (Soccer).

Hey, everyone has to have a dream! :angel:

I'm up coughing again and nursing two sore knees. Having a three-hour nap (not intentional) this afternoon didn't help. I am hoping busying myself with guest lists and menus will tire me out. :(

Okay folks, I know we have been down this road before, but now I am ready to commit. At the end of this month or the very beginning of next I will be ready and able to afford to get me a Roomba vacuum. This is the one I will be getting.

iRobot: Vacuuming Robots: iRobot Roomba® 630

Do any of you lovely folks have this model and if so, comments, pro and con, please. If I wait for a couple of months I could afford a more expensive one. But more costly is not always better. I don't have a pet other than Teddy who visits me every night. And he doesn't shed. I just need a simple machine that vacuums for me. Do you have to tip or stand up on end the Roomba to empty the bin? I am hoping it slides out. Help!!

BTW I finally got my tongs that takes just one hand to open and close and I love it. It is a bit heavier than the standard tong, but I can live with that. I feel like I really have a tool in my hand to work with. :angel:

Last edited:
(((Hugs Laurie)))

Addie, I have no Roomba advice for you. I have never owned one. I'll make sure CWS sees this post. I know she has one.

And on the subject of CWS. I'm getting ready for her to arrive at my house. We're going to a Danish Club Luncheon. w00t!

Have fun, girls!

Addie, I have had a couple Roombas, and also gave a couple to my late mother. She loved it, I love it. The dust pan comes out to empty. It's a stitch to watch Roomba back herself into her charger.

Last edited:
(((Hugs Laurie)))

Addie, I have no Roomba advice for you. I have never owned one. I'll make sure CWS sees this post. I know she has one.

And on the subject of CWS. I'm getting ready for her to arrive at my house. We're going to a Danish Club Luncheon. w00t!

Wish I could join you. Are you still making sure everyone pays up? :angel:

Would a Roomba entertain a Golden Retriever?

Mine wears me out playing ball.He likes to play chase.Catch me if you can.
"Fetch Trub,...FETCH!' Nooooo not thaaaat!!!!!

Great I'd be out of a Roomba:LOL:

Munky.

There are plenty of You Tube videos with pets, including small dogs that like to chase or even ride on it. The Roomba site says that animals and small children may be afraid of it at first, but do adjust after a while. :angel:

Addie, we have the same model as you are mentioning except it also does pet hair. We love it. I love it because it goes for one hour every afternoon (usually when I nap or am out shopping) and that is enough to keep a clean carpet. With basically no pets to worry about you can probably get away with programming it to once or twice a week.

As for entertaining a golden retriever, it entertains our cat but scares our mutt. Violet is basically afraid of her own shadow though.

And yes, watching it find its way home is a hoot!

I had a bit better sleep last night but still not anywhere close to a solid one. My legs are still swollen and sore and I don't know why. I have to phone my orthopedic doctor today as I am supposed to be seeing him in August and haven't gotten the appointment yet (the referral was sent in February).

Oh, I forgot to tell you all my great big news! I got a call yesterday from the YMCA. I had even forgot that I had filled out a survey awhile back that they sent out to all their members. The woman on the phone thanked me for taking part and said that I won the prize of a one year membership starting June 1st to May of next year. That is close to $700! I am so happy! It is even more incentive to keep going there. :clap:

I was wondering earlier what I might have for lunch. Rummaging through the freezer for leftovers, I found a container of tomato sauce from another night's dinner.

Having just read about hand made pasta, I decided to make some fettuccine for the pasta. It came out really good and I'm in the middle of enjoying my lunch.

I even have a little leftover for SO's lunch tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom