"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Pork

Old 09-09-2014, 12:03 AM   #51
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I like peach or mango with chipotle on pork or chicken.

Old 09-09-2014, 12:06 AM   #52
Master Chef

Exactly, bt.

princess, I love the combo of sweet and spicy too....yum!

Old 09-09-2014, 07:14 PM   #53
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
what kind of pork chop person are you? rib, loin, sirloin end, or what?

i've noticed a lot of folks eating pork chops of late, so i just thought i'd ask.

recipes for your best pork chop are greatly appreciated.

I used to like the ones that came with a slice of kidney attached but we never see them now
Old 09-09-2014, 07:18 PM   #54
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Been many a year since we've found good peaches here.

I love pork chops with sauteed apples and onions. Ooh, and sauerkraut! Must be a German thing. I like to buy whole pork loins and cut my own too.
Over here we often have apple sauce with pork. Not to sweet so it's a nice sharp contrast to the richness of the pork.

I just grill (broil) my pork chops thoroughly but not you much.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:44 PM   #55
Master Chef

I like to take a bone in pork chop and coat them with flour (with salt and pepper) beaten egg and then finely crushed cracker crumbs. Brown them in a fry pan and then bake them on a cookie sheet for 1 hour at 325.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:18 PM   #56
Master Chef

Pork loin Chops, the pork version of Rib steaks, bone in of course. Favorite way to make 'em, season with salt & pepper, cook over a solid bed of charcoal, with a bit of maple wood thrown on top of the coals. Cover and Q for about 7 minutes per side with all vents open.

Opposite end of the spectrum - heat heavy, lidded frying pan over medium high heat.Lightly oil the pan and trow the chops in. Cook on one side for four minutes to lightly brown. While the chops are cooking, heat another burner to low. Flip, add 2 tbs good Sherry wine to the pan. Move the pan to the low burner, cover, and simmer for another 5 minutes.

Take inch and a half thick chops, and slit the sides with a sharp knife to make a pocket to separate the top from the bottom. Stuff with either apples, ginger, and brown sugar, or with a savory - sage bread dressing. Season the outside with S & P. Dredge in flour, dip in egg wash, then in Panko Bread crumbs. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.

Slice boneless chops into 1/2 inch cubes. Season with S & P, ground ginger, a pinch of Chines 5-spice powder, granulated garlic, and granulated onion. Make a batter of 1/2 cup ap flour, 1/2 cup cornstarch, 2 tsp. double-acting baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 medium egg, and 1 cup water. Dip the pork cubes in the Tempura batter and deep fry until golden brown. Serve with noodles and stir-fried veggies.

Combine 1/8 cup soy sauce, 2 tbs. vinegar, 1/2 chopped fresh onion, 2 colves garlic - minced, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 tbs. corn starch. Marinate pork cubes for 20 minutes. Heat 2 inches of oil to 335 ' F. Slowly add pork to the hot oil. Remove when the coating turns opaque (white). Add to stir-fries, or other Asian dishes, or serve alongside a bed of rice with snow peas on the side.

B.T.; if you need more pork recipes, you know that I have a cookbook on nothing but pork. Just let me know.

Oh, and always purchase pork with the bone, even if you are going to use the boneless meat. The bones make great broth, or can be used to flavor baked beans, pea soup, bean soup, etc.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 05:38 PM   #57
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Chief, I agree about the usefulness of the bones. But, a lot of us buy the boneless, whole pork loins at Costco. It's several dollars per pound cheaper than any bone-in pork I can buy.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:57 PM   #58
Executive Chef

Mostly I make pork and sauerkraut. DH likes boneless loin chops...I like country ribs...so we both get what we like. I love a nice thick stuffed pork chop. DH isn't crazy about them so I rarely cook them, but a restaurant nearby has them for the dinner special every Sunday, so we go there often. They give you a lot of food for a very nice price.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:39 AM   #59
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cook View Post
I used to like the ones that came with a slice of kidney attached but we never see them now
I remember when sirloin steaks came with the tenderloin attached.
I have never in my life seen a pork chop with anything attached other than the loin chop that has the tenderloin attached.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Chief, I agree about the usefulness of the bones. But, a lot of us buy the boneless, whole pork loins at Costco. It's several dollars per pound cheaper than any bone-in pork I can buy.
I shop at Costco and see the half boneless loin and totally ignore them.
I go straight for the rib chops.
I would imagine they would taste good. But to me a pork chop is much better with a bone still intact.
I do however enjoy the boneless loin for small roasts. But I do not over cook them. Medium at the very most.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:28 PM   #60
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll_Bones View Post
I shop at Costco and see the half boneless loin and totally ignore them.
I go straight for the rib chops.
I would imagine they would taste good. But to me a pork chop is much better with a bone still intact.
I do however enjoy the boneless loin for small roasts. But I do not over cook them. Medium at the very most.
Do you ever make pork stir-fry or kebabs? They're much easier to make with boneless chops. And, of course, the boneless roast is just uncut chops The boneless half loin is a better value if you buy and cut it into roasts and chops yourself rather than pay Costco to do it.

Tags
pork