Roast pork loin for sandwiches..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff G.

Head Chef
I had a 1/2 pork loin in the fridge I needed to cook. I realized I wasn't going to have time to do it for dinner today but I didn't want it to go to waste.

So last night I seasoned it well, sprinkled it with some herb infused olive oil and placed it in a 325 oven on a rack and went to bed. I set my alarm for 3.5 hours and went to sleep. I think the wonderful smell created some rather vivid dreams!!

When the alarm went off I pulled the loin out of the oven and stuck it in the fridge until morning. I sliced it down before coming to work. Sure makes for GREAT sandwiches.

Refrigerating it made slicing it thin very easy, the meat was firm. The flavor... well it's better than any deli is going to sell.... and at 1.77lb its the cheapest lunch meat I can find....

I should be able to eat all week on the 1/2 loin. I will definitely have to get some more horseradish.. I had just enough for today. There is nothing like horseradish roast pork..

Sounds good to me.
The last of my slow cooked pork roast is in my belly now...
Good thing I have 3 more frozen and waiting to be cooked!

Horseradish.. GOLLY GEEZ (remove the dam) I forgot all about horseradish!

I had a 1/2 pork loin in the fridge I needed to cook. I realized I wasn't going to have time to do it for dinner today but I didn't want it to go to waste.

So last night I seasoned it well, sprinkled it with some herb infused olive oil and placed it in a 325 oven on a rack and went to bed. I set my alarm for 3.5 hours and went to sleep. I think the wonderful smell created some rather vivid dreams!!

When the alarm went off I pulled the loin out of the oven and stuck it in the fridge until morning. I sliced it down before coming to work. Sure makes for GREAT sandwiches.

Refrigerating it made slicing it thin very easy, the meat was firm. The flavor... well it's better than any deli is going to sell.... and at 1.77lb its the cheapest lunch meat I can find....

I should be able to eat all week on the 1/2 loin. I will definitely have to get some more horseradish.. I had just enough for today. There is nothing like horseradish roast pork..

I do similar things with lean beef roasts, but cook them over charcoal, with a bit of apple wood to a medium rare. Refrigerate and cut into thin slices against the grain. It makes wonderful sandwiches.

This is great with turkey too.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Another horseradish fan here.

Here's a good sandwich spread from Bobby Flay.

3 parts mayo
1 part dijon mustard
1 part strained prepared horseradish

Mix together and refridgerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.

Goes great on steak sanwiches too.

Another horseradish fan here.

Here's a good sandwich spread from Bobby Flay.

3 parts mayo
1 part dijon mustard
1 part strained prepared horseradish

Mix together and refridgerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.

Goes great on steak sanwiches too.

Hmmm... may have to make some of that...

I'm going to have to try your pork loin idea for lunches next week! I have to pack a lunch for DH every day, and I'm always running out of ideas for tasty, easy, healthy things to make him. I bet I could give him pork loin sandwiches with horseradish sauce for a week straight and he wouldn't complain....

Back
Top Bottom