Sprout is officially in labor!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
YAY! No more couch for Sprout! Congratulations and can't wait to hear all the details and see pictures.

:clap:WHAT WONDERFUL NEWS:clap:

img_1045342_0_5e41a05b05da7b7bac8038e2c81ae9ba.jpg

I've had this grin all night, and it carried over to today. I think if it stays on my face much longer, it might become permanent. Now I have four grandchildren, and they are all beautiful. 3 girls, and a boy, what more could a grandpa ask for, except for all of them to live closer.

When the call came, I had a lump the size of a golf ball in my throat. And when I got to talk to mommy, well, the world seemed like it was going to be Ok, at least for a little while longer yet.

Since Sprout's my blueberry picking girl, I've made a blueberry pie in her honor. All I can say is; my baby makes pretty babies. First, munchkin 1, now she who needs a name, and fast.:LOL: Oh, and that smiley, isn't a funny laugh. It's a laugh born of pure joy, and tender feelings that just won't stay inside.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had this grin all night, and it carried over to today. I think if it stays on my face much longer, it might become permanent. Now I have four grandchildren, and they are all beautiful. 3 girls, and a boy, what more could a grandpa ask for, except for all of them to live closer.

When the call came, I had a lump the size of a golf ball in my throat. And when I got to talk to mommy, well, the world seemed like it was going to be Ok, at least for a little while longer yet.

Since Sprout's my blueberry picking girl, I've made a blueberry pie in her honor. All I can say is; my baby makes pretty babies. First, munchkin 1, now she who needs a name, and fast.:LOL: Oh, and that smiley, isn't a funny laugh. It's a laugh born of pure joy, and tender feelings that just won't stay inside.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

You just brought a tear to my eye, GW. A new grandchild is God's promise that the world should go on. Many congrats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonderful! Congrats to all, Sprout, GW and P.A.G.

GW, I can see you grinning from here. Time to get the young lady an apron and a little cast iron skillet of her own.

Welcome to DC, little sprite!

So that was the what I saw glowing in the sky - GW's beaming smile! Congrats to the whole family. What a joy to welcome a new member. She will never want for good food or good love!

Wonderful! Congrats to all, Sprout, GW and P.A.G.

GW, I can see you grinning from here. Time to get the young lady an apron and a little cast iron skillet of her own.

Welcome to DC, little sprite!

Andy, she's gonna have to wait until she has developed enough to understand - HOT! But I already have the CI pan for her. It's a genuine Griswold that is about 4 inches across, all seasoned and ready for use. Oh, wait a minute, our newest grandchild's older sister is almost at that level of maturity already. She will be 2 years old in just over a week. She'll be the first to use that pan, after me of course, as I had to use it, you know, to get is seasoned properly.:whistling

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Thank you all! We are both doing wonderfully. Despite the stall in the middle (labor never fully stopped, just slowed down enough that they sent me home for a while) everything went well. No complications for either of us. I'm trying to think of it this way: I got to go home, take a bit of a break, and eat real food in the middle. I was in labor for over 24 hours, so a good meal gave me some much-needed energy. I wasn't so sanguine about it when I left the hospital Saturday around noon, but you know what they say about hindsight. :) We're home now and just trying to rest up!

a big hug and congratulations, sprout, pag, and grandpappy longwind.

god bless your new baby girl all the days of her life. :)

Congrats to you all! What wonderful news. I am jealous goodweed. I have grandsons and no granddaughters. You are blessed indeed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom