What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm waiting for my hair to dry and then I need to make a run to the store and to Comcast to pay my bill. If my check has come, I need to go to the bank and cash it. I might - just might - go get another pizza at the same time. I need it like a hole in the head (I already have one of those), but I really, really want pizza.

Addie, that is such a wonderful story about your daughter's in-laws. I hope you have a really nice day tomorrow with all of them. You sure have a busy week! I hope all the appointments go well.

Cakepoet, congrats to your friend on their new baby!

Katie, I love my stove top smoker as well. I haven't done a whole chicken yet; however, I have done almost everything else. I use it on the side burner on our BBQ.

Tomorrow I head for my daughter's backyard for a BBQ with all her SILs and their kids. Then on the fifth, I have an appointment with the foot doctor, from there on to my monthly shopping trip. On the sixth I have another medical appointment with the NP at Winthrop to try and find out what the heck is going on with my skin graft on my leg. It looks like my system is trying to reject it after all these past ten years of it doing so well. I have the feeling it means some trips to the plastic surgeon that did the surgery. On the seventh, Pirate returns from NH.

Sounds like you have a busy week coming up. Hope you enjoy the BBQ with your daughter and all the in laws and kids. Will you be able to see any fireworks from her house? Also hope your various appointments go well this coming week. Mom goes on the 13th to get her hearing aids if all goes well and my sister gets the new tire for her SUV. On the 17th, Mom goes for her follow-up appointment with the ENT for when she had an MRI done last week. Then no more until the 25th. Bloodwork on the 25th, foot Dr on the 26th, and follow up from blood work on the 31st.

Hope everyone in the USA has a Happy (and safe - let the professionals do the fireworks, please) 4th of July!

Who's going out to watch fireworks and who's staying in to watch the on TV? Mom and I are doing the latter. I'm taping both the Macy's show that comes on NBC and A Capital 4th that comes on PBS tonight

Wrapping up prep for our guests today. It will be a pool party/cookout with my eldest and her family and SO's sister and BIL. Hoping for a relaxing visit on what's shaping up to be a picture perfect day.

It's already quite hot, , trying to get things done in the yard before it gets too hot then I can sleep this afternoon. I was over at Mom and Dad's, they are still asleep, let the dog out. I just want to know when we are eating. I'm making my Napa Cabbage Slaw.

I have to stick around close to home today as we are expecting our final furniture delivery - my spice cabinet! I am so excited because it means I can empty the three baskets that keep getting from place to place and because I can't wait to see it!

So, that being said, I will be going through my mountains of plastic containers to see what I can use and what I will be giving away or recycling. We aren't talking margarine containers. This is everything from Ziploc containers to Rubbermaid and Tupperware!

I am also hoping to be able to sort out my freezers. TB and his family threw everything in quickly and there is no order to it. My OCD needs there to be some order to the chaos.

Sounds like you have a busy week coming up. Hope you enjoy the BBQ with your daughter and all the in laws and kids. Will you be able to see any fireworks from her house? Also hope your various appointments go well this coming week. Mom goes on the 13th to get her hearing aids if all goes well and my sister gets the new tire for her SUV. On the 17th, Mom goes for her follow-up appointment with the ENT for when she had an MRI done last week. Then no more until the 25th. Bloodwork on the 25th, foot Dr on the 26th, and follow up from blood work on the 31st.

Looks like I won't be going to my daughter's house for the BBQ after all. My foot and leg are so swollen, it is best if I stay home and keep my leg raised. That's okay with me. it is 85ºF. out and I have hematomas all over my skin. If I sit out in the sun too long, you can actually see the blood boil just beneath my skin. Following the shade means jumping up and down to move my chair to the shade. She is going to bring me a plate later on tonight. And her yard is going to be crowded with people anyway. I want a quiet day.

No, you can't see any fireworks from her house. Unlike the triple deckers here in Boston, you can't go sit on her roof to see the sights. She has a single family home. We ca go down to the waterfront and see them from there. If we are so inclined to do. Missing one year will not be a big loss for me. I have been to the concert and fireworks so many times on the Esplanade that it is old hat by now.

Nap time and time to get my leg up.

We are staying in and watching movies. Will try to calm the cats.

Spike brought Teddy here early this morning. After a couple of cups of coffee, he wanted to take him back out so he could do 'his thing.' Teddy did not want to go back out that door. So I put down a Puppy Diaper for him. Spike used them to train him, and when he is going to be gone all day working, he leaves one down incase he really needs to go and can't wait. I keep a couple here incase I can't take him outside when I babysit. Sure enough he raced over to that diaper and let go. He would have rather hold everything in rather than go outside to the sound of those personal crackers going off.

I know I am just talking to the wall, but I do wish folks would keep in mind, that a lot of animals do not consider that sound very friendly.

Just finished getting a rescue box all set up for our 'Lil Sky'
Blankets, Chew toys, Raw Hides, Meds at the last resort. Her carrier is all set up.

Have her favorite show all ready to watch to. Perry Mason.:LOL::ROFLMAO:
Told you our dogs are unusual.She watches Perry like a Hawk.If it calms her down who am I to ask why?:huh:

I feel so bad for her. Bought her a ball that's battery operated. It rolls around all over. She loves it.Plays chase.
For days now she's been skittish. The fireworks have her terrified.
Every time one gets set off she runs to mom.The doggy door is on and locked.She will go out on a leash.

Wouldn't you know it, after 4 years of peace and quite the parks Dpmt
is going to have a show. It's right in my back yard.:rolleyes:

Munky.

I know I am just talking to the wall, but I do wish folks would keep in mind, that a lot of animals do not consider that sound very friendly.[/QUOTE]

Our son volunteers at an animal shelter.
This is the busiest time of year for them.Last year they had close to 100 pets that were brought in.He's going in first thing in the morning to help.

Some are grateful to find their dogs. Others who take a few days to go to the shelter to get their dogs get real testy when they get the bill.

Stupidity will cost them $75.00 a day. More if they are hurt and need a vet. People need to keep that in mind to.

Munky.

Last edited:
Spike brought Teddy here early this morning. After a couple of cups of coffee, he wanted to take him back out so he could do 'his thing.' Teddy did not want to go back out that door. So I put down a Puppy Diaper for him. Spike used them to train him, and when he is going to be gone all day working, he leaves one down incase he really needs to go and can't wait. I keep a couple here incase I can't take him outside when I babysit. Sure enough he raced over to that diaper and let go. He would have rather hold everything in rather than go outside to the sound of those personal crackers going off.

I know I am just talking to the wall, but I do wish folks would keep in mind, that a lot of animals do not consider that sound very friendly.

I hope your leg heals soon! Keep it propped and just relax. We are going to the fireworks tonight, I know it's going to rain and I'd rather stay home anyway. We have 1 hunting dog that stays in a kennel and we are bringing him in tonight. It's been like firework week around here and he's scared to death. I also can't find my cat.

Looks like I won't be going to my daughter's house for the BBQ after all. My foot and leg are so swollen, it is best if I stay home and keep my leg raised. That's okay with me. it is 85ºF. out and I have hematomas all over my skin. If I sit out in the sun too long, you can actually see the blood boil just beneath my skin. Following the shade means jumping up and down to move my chair to the shade. She is going to bring me a plate later on tonight. And her yard is going to be crowded with people anyway. I want a quiet day.

Nap time and time to get my leg up.

Addie, I am sorry to hear you won't make it to your daughter's house. But I totally understand about swollen legs and having to rest them. I am still having problems with my right leg and have to keep resting with it up.

I hope you feel better soon.

Our son volunteers at an animal shelter.
This is the busiest time of year for them.Last year they had close to 100 pets that were brought in.He's going in first thing in the morning to help.

Some are grateful to find their dogs. Others who take a few days to go to the shelter to get their dogs get real testy when they get the bill.

Stupidity will cost them $75.00 a day. More if they are hurt and need a vet. People need to keep that in mind too.

Munky.[/QUOTE]

Munky, you sure ain't speaking to the wall here! The fireworks here were far enough away that Violet couldn't hear them and they are against the law for residential use. The police were really in force making sure none were set off. We put her in her Thundershirt any time we KNOW there will be noises she doesn't like and it does help her (I know it doesn't for other dogs). I used to get so mad at our old neighbourhood at Halloween because the firecrackers would start mid-September and go well into November. That was so hard on Violet.

It was Addie who mentioned the wall.

I messed up with the post.
Monkey's have only so many fingers and toes.... :ROFLMAO::LOL:

Happy 4th everyone.

Munky.

It's already quite hot, , trying to get things done in the yard before it gets too hot then I can sleep this afternoon. I was over at Mom and Dad's, they are still asleep, let the dog out. I just want to know when we are eating. I'm making my Napa Cabbage Slaw.

I forgot about that recipe PF, and it's a good one!! Thanks for the reminder.

We have the flag waving on the front porch and we'll be staying close to home. Rib Eyes will make it to the grill sometime today. Wish I had some Napa Cabbage!!

DH and I had our little cook-out today. Hot dogs and brats on the grill, potato salad, sour cream cucumbers, baked beans, grilled asparagus. All cleaned up. Now I am waiting for the community fireworks to begin. Around 9:30. Luckily our new dog doesn't even notice the noise. We have had others who hated them!

Happy Independence Day to all in the USA!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom