Chocolate Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I like pears, but prefer them covered in this Sauce. You need 8 oz. of your favorite chocolate chopped plus i cup heavy cream. plce the cream and chaopped chocolate in the top of a double boiler Let stand til chocolate is soft. Stir til smooth. Serve warm or transfer to airtight container and store in refrigerator up to 3 days reheat slow and gentle of a mocha sauce stir in 1-2 tea. instant espresso powder. love it.Now pour over diced or sliced pears that you've cooked til tender when pierced with a knife.
kades

Kades, I learned to make a ganache last spring, forget the details now, but it was melt chocolate and heavy cream in a double boiler. Also did something in a double boiler for the cake part. It was easy and I didn't screw up either the cake or frosting. I think it may have been melt the chocolate and fold in whipped cream in cooled choc for the frosting?

Needless to say, up to that point, the Top of my 20 year old double boiler was practically brand new. Chocolate sauce here we come. No more hershey's in the can.

Sweet. Thanks. :yum:

I like pears, but prefer them covered in this Sauce. You need 8 oz. of your favorite chocolate chopped plus i cup heavy cream. plce the cream and chaopped chocolate in the top of a double boiler Let stand til chocolate is soft. Stir til smooth. Serve warm or transfer to airtight container and store in refrigerator up to 3 days reheat slow and gentle of a mocha sauce stir in 1-2 tea. instant espresso powder. love it.Now pour over diced or sliced pears that you've cooked til tender when pierced with a knife.
kades

OMG pure heaven! I wish I didn't know how many calories are in heavy cream, but maybe I could make like 1/4 batch and only have a little bit lol

I especially like the mocha idea. Very nice!

Back
Top Bottom