Peach and Brie Quesadilla with drizzling sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchenelf

Chef Extraordinaire
Peach and Brie Quesadilla with sauce to drizzle or dip

For the sauce:
3 TBS of fresh lime juice (always use fresh)
6 TBS (1/4 cup plus 2 TBS) honey
1 1/2 tsp. of zested lime rind

For the quesadilla:

1 cup peeled slightly firm ripe peaches
1 TBS fresh chives, minced
1 tsp. brown sugar
3 oz. thinly sliced Brie cheese (place in freezer for a couple minutes)
4 tortillas - you can use whole wheat or fat free

Whisk all sauce ingredients together to combine well.

Heat grill. Coat with cooking spray when ready to put quesadillas on. If you are not grilling then heat a preferably non-stick skillet over medium-high heat (make sure and don't have too low - you don't want everything to totally melt and be soggy) and coat with cooking spray.

Combine chives and sugar first then gently toss with peaches. Distribute ingredients between the four tortillas then fold in half. It's nice to keep the cheese a little bit away from the edges - what a waste to lose cheese in the grill :) If your skillet holds two then cook two at a time. Cook approximately 2 minutes on each side or until the outside is a nice golden color. If grilling you want some grill marks.

This can serve various numbers of people depending on whether everyone wants their own half, or half of a half, etc., etc.

Serve each person some drizzling/dipping sauce or just drizzle across the tops.

Elf,

we had these Sunday for dessert...They were heaven..Even my daughter who turns her nose up at anything peach gave them a try and ate 2 all by her self:LOL: Thanks you this is a keeper.
kadesma:)

OMG! This looks absolutely heavenly. I missed this the first time through here. Copying...pasting. Thanks!

Alix said:
OMG! This looks absolutely heavenly. I missed this the first time through here. Copying...pasting. Thanks!
Alix,
try this one, it is fantastic..we all just loved it.
kadesma:)

Kids liked it too? I am always on the lookout for kid friendly recipes.

My kids love the brie stuffed chicken breasts so I think I could squeak this past them. LOL.

Alix said:
Kids liked it too? I am always on the lookout for kid friendly recipes.

My kids love the brie stuffed chicken breasts so I think I could squeak this past them. LOL.
Alix, Cade the older of the two who eat solid food is really hard to get to try anything..But he has finally learned to take one bite and if he doesn't like it he doesnt have to eat it, but must choose something he does like to take it's place, Well he took a bite and ate a half all by himself!!! The one year old is a fruit nut and ate a whole one!!! Yup the kids liked it :)
kadesma...I might try this with other fruits since it did get the kids going :LOL:

Okey dokey. That is good enough for me! Going to try it tonight. Will post results soon.

Kitchen elf and I had these the other night. They are a great mix of sweet and savory. They are the perfect summer snack, The honey and lime sauce is light a refreshing.

I might add a little more brown sugar, and a little fresh ground cinnamon.
Also using some butter in the pan would add a nice flavor, although I would use it sparingly.
One for the books that is for sure.

phil

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom