Dinner Tuesday 5th March

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I took some of the leftover pork roast from last night and made Scandinavian hash - biksemad (Danish)/pytt i panna (Swedish).

It's usually serve with a sunny side up egg, but I only have two eggs left and we would rather have almond cake for dessert. :pig:

IMG_3359.JPG

Inspired by the Almost Traditional Pad Thai, Take-Out Turnaround - by Christina Pirello

I added a bunch of veggies (carrots, broccoli, yellow cauliflower) and used tarimand pods instead of soy sauce (gosh, I could eat those like dates), mushrooms, and made my own peanut sauce, added some heat with more hot peppers and thai chili sauce, roasted the tomatoes ... served it on Udo (sp) noodles, garnished with peanuts, cilantro, and thai basil. Anyway, it was very good and I know what I'm having for lunch tomorrow.

Attachments

• Pad Thai 002.jpg
    Pad Thai 002.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 160
I took some of the leftover pork roast from last night and made Scandinavian hash - biksemad (Danish)/pytt i panna (Swedish).

It's usually serve with a sunny side up egg, but I only have two eggs left and we would rather have almond cake for dessert. :pig:

IMG_3359.JPG
Looks great, TL! When I'm done with having conference calls on Wednesdays, I want to come to the Danish lunch and I'll bring you eggs!

A mega-salad with tuna, black olives, corn, tomatoes, sweet onion, extra sharp cheddar, red bell pepper, navy beans, green leaf lettuce, etc., with a Dijon vinaigrette.

after a great day of skiing:

img_1245514_0_b5dec17d4fccc2a0ebbd850ce6b83b40.jpg

we stopped at a little italian joint, stefano's pizza in pompton plains, on the way home for salads, garlic knots, chicken parm, and veal picatta. we really lucked out stumbling into this place. the food was excellent, and we got in and out quickly as i had to get into work early.

a really fun day, but boy am i exhausted and pretty sore all over.

after a great day of skiing:

img_1245699_0_b5dec17d4fccc2a0ebbd850ce6b83b40.jpg

we stopped at a little italian joint, stefano's pizza in pompton plains, on the way home for salads, garlic knots, chicken parm, and veal picatta. we really lucked out stumbling into this place. the food was excellent, and we got in and out quickly as i had to get into work early.

a really fun day, but boy am i exhausted and pretty sore all over.

Sounds like you had a great time Tom, lovely photo :)

thanks rock and kylie. the weather was beautiful, sunny and around 5 degrees c.

the snow was a bit heavy, but good for teaching turning technique.

Back
Top Bottom