Happy 1/1 - ...and we're eating.....what??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
In the lyric expression of Sir Paul,
"It's Just Another Day ..."

Sausage & Peppers..........
Hot Italian Sausage, pan-Fried, with Air Roasted Mini Peppers,
Mashed & Buttered Idaho , Baby Lima's with Minced Onion ........

Sausage & Peppers 1-1-22.jpg

Something pork is our annual tradition, so I made breaded pork chops for us. Sides were steamed broccoli spears and also fried cabbage and noodles. All favorites of the kids - including the big one. [emoji6]

The lobster tails were so good and sweet last night my wife asked me to run back to the store for more.

So, two nights in a row of steamed lobster tails and corn, baked spuds, and ramekins of butter to go on everything.

Attachments

• 0101221718a.jpg
    0101221718a.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 29
This afternoon I made another one of those tacos with the shrimp in chipotle sauce, just as a snack, while I started getting the other ingredients together. I put together a fairly easy Indian dish (I already had the masala made, which is what would have taken longer), using 12 oz of some mizuna I just harvested yesterday. The original recipe called for half mustard greens and half spinach, but this is a mild mustard green. It is a Hyderabad version, which I used a cup of red chori beans for, and 1/3 c sorghum berries - I used these since they pressure cook in about the same time. While they cooked in the IP, and the pressure released naturally, I cooked the spices in some ghee, along with some tomato paste, and chopped up all that mizuna. This, and the spiced ghee, were stirred into the beans, along with the masala, and simmered about 10 minutes.
Red chori beans, with sorghum berries and mustard greens. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Leftovers from the Chinese food ordered earlier in the week. Served over brown basmati rice I had already cooked and frozen.

We had NYE salads, dips and sandwich leftovers last night.

We don't really have a New Year's Day traditional meal, but I had bratwurst in the freezer and just enough sauerkraut for two, so we had those plus mashed potatoes and black-eyed pea salad for (non-superstitious) ;) luck.
20220101_193423.jpg

I could not find a bag of black eyed peas to save my life this past weekend. I've made hoppin' john about half of the time for New Year's, so I guess this was the year we did without.
DH brought home a can of seasoned BEP. I added a bunch of chopped veggies and some red wine vinegar and that was pretty much it. Easier than pie [emoji38]

Back
Top Bottom