Happy New Year ~ Whatcha Havin' To Eat? ~ 1/1/21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
Hauoli Makahiki Hou!!
Happy New Year All!

We've started our day our right ... one of my Gal Pals did a ding-dong-ditch to each of us of her famous Coffee Cake for everyone to enjoy on New Years Day ...

IMG_0146_LI.jpg

This made for part of our wonderful brunch !!

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

I think we'll skip lunch today and wait for dinner.

fried saimin.jpg

fried saimin with grilled teriyaki chicken.jpg

I've already made a HUGE pot of my Fried Saimin and have some B/S Chicken Thighs soaking in Teriyaki Sauce that I'll grill later and then do my own "Door Dash" :LOL:

Kielbasa and sauerkraut has been a New Year's Day standby supper. When we had big gatherings, it was just a side dish to a big pork roast with all the fixin's. Today it will be supper, along with fluffy mashed potatoes. I had planned on making pierogi from scratch, but I scratched that idea. Instead, I'll fuss with them another time. I've made them only once in my life, and my memory is one of an all day project...

Turkey sandwich and Dessert - cheesecake topped with cherries and fruit tart.

dessert_010121_IMG_7531.jpg

Everyone's meals look and sound wonderful!

I made up two "bento boxes" to take next door and the next one over ...

IMG_0150.jpg

... they were very well received ... phew !! I wasn't sure what they would make of this. But I did want to share the wealth. They said that they had never heard of Good Luck Foods before.

I made two more plates for DH and I and we'll have a Brownie Sundae later for dessert ... AND I still have leftovers of the Chicken and Noodles ... YAY!! That's breakfast for me! :yum:

Cornbread, greens with blackeyed peas, and farro salad.

Attachments

• New Years Lunch.jpg
    New Years Lunch.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
I meant to cook a ham steak with braised cabbage and mac-n-cheese. Time got away from us, so we had sushi delivered.

I did have Hoppin John soup earlier.

DH grilled New York strip steaks and zucchini and I made salt-boiled potatoes. We only ate half the steaks, so I can make steak salad tomorrow. Delicious. 20210101_202037.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom