Hey Grandpa, what's for supper... Sunday, Jan 7 2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caseydog

Master Chef
I"m just having leftover chili that my neighbor made. But, I mostly read this thread to see what everyone else is having. So, what are you having?

CD

I made a one-pan dish of sirloin tips with onion and mushroom gravy over egg noodles. It's a recipe I got from ATK.

Taco salad for dinner this afternoon. Mango on the side, and ice cream a little later on....maybe. :)

After chopping away and clearing all of the ice and packed snow in the driveway today, then splitting another bunch of wood with my boy, we got a fire going in the fireplace and watched football while making a leg of lamb, grilled onions, and baked potatoes topped with herbs de provence infused sour cream.

All of that work gave us a good appetite. I'm amazed how little is left.

I seem to go for Italian for comfort food during this crazy cold weather [emoji38] Today it was pork ragu in the Instant Pot over a ribbon pasta (can't remember the name) with steamed green beans and homemade rolls.

Forgot the picture.
0107182036a.jpg

I browned thick coins of Polish sausage, added red onion, green apple, and sliced cabbage seasoned with dill and lots of cracked black pepper. It all was steamed half covered with some white wine till the wine was gone, and served it all on toasted rolls with assorted mustards.:yum:

Last edited:
I browned thick coins of Polish sausage, added red onion, green apple, and sliced cabbage seasoned with dill and lots of cracked black pepper. It all was steamed half covered with some white wine till the wine was gone, and served it all on toasted rolls with assorted mustards.:yum:

Does that have a name, or is it something you just tossed together? It sounds good.

CD

Loverly's guy friend had us all over for dinner tonight. She got him a bunch of CI cookware and he wanted to cook up a big meal using lots of the new gear. He made a beef-and-cheese meatloaf, mashed potatoes that were re-baked in a CI skillet, and cheesy pasta shells. I brought long-simmered ham-and-beans and an apple galette. Not much left over. :yum:

We had Swedish meatballs with potatoes ( King Edward) and lingon jam ( a jam made with Vaccinium vitis-idaea berries and sugar) and a lovely cream gravy and some green pea ( Ebba).

It was a cold, sleety day so we grazed all day..

When it came time for the evening meal, I chose pie... Freshly baked apple pie.. :yum: ;)

Ross

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom