OK - I cheated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's here - National Pie Day!!!

I am going to go out on a limb and post that DH bought a big bag of Key Limes. Guess what he said he would make lol. I hope he has time to follow through with it. Will let you know later.

We went through the recipes and picked out this one. It says "Recipe adapted from JOE'S STONE CRAB, Miami Beach". It better be good lol

KEY LIME PIE

1 cup plus 2 1/2 TB graham-cracker crumbs
5 TB unsalted butter, melted
1/3 cup sugar
3 egg yolks
1 1/2 tsp grated lime zest
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
2/3 cup fresh Key Lime juice
1 cup heavy cream
3 TB confectioner's sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine graham crackers, butter and sugar. Press mixture into bottom and sides of a buttered 9" pie pan, forming a neat border around edge. Bake crust about 5 minutes or until set and golden.

Using an electric mixer with a whisk attachment and a nonreactive bowl, beat egg yolks and lime zest at high speed about 5 minutes or until very shiny. Gradually add condensed milk, and continue to beat 3 or 4 minutes or until thick. Reduce speed of mixer to low. Add lime juice and mix just until combined.

Pour lime mixture into crust. Bake about 10 minutes or until filling has just set. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate.

To serve, place pie in freezer for 15 to 20 minutes before serving. In an electric-mixer bowl, combine cream and confectioners' sugar. Whisk until nearly stiff. Cut pie into wedges; serve very cold, each wedge topped with large dollop of whipped cream. Makes 8 servings

Source: Miami Herald - 2/98

Review later tonight, I hope lol

Last edited:
A gentle reminder ;)

Here is the list for the rest of the month of January 2019:

Jan. 24 - Nat'l Peanut Butter Day &
Jan. 24 - Beer Can Appreciation Day
Jan. 25 - Nat'l Irish Coffee Day &
Jan. 25 - Nat'l Florida Day
Jan. 26 - Nat'l Green Juice Day &
Jan. 26 - Nat'l Peanut Brittle Day
Jan. 27 - Nat'l Chocolate Cake Day
Jan. 28 - Nat'l Blueberry Pancake Day
Jan. 29 - Nat'l Corn Chip Day
Jan. 30 - Nat'l Croissant Day
Jan. 31 - Let's make this our own Nat'l Day. How about Nat'l Favorite Spice Day?

Last edited:
We went through the recipes and picked out this one. It says "Recipe adapted from JOE'S STONE CRAB, Miami Beach". It better be good lol

KEY LIME PIE

1 cup plus 2 1/2 TB graham-cracker crumbs
5 TB unsalted butter, melted
1/3 cup sugar
3 egg yolks
1 1/2 tsp grated lime zest
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
2/3 cup fresh Key Lime juice
1 cup heavy cream
3 TB confectioner's sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine graham crackers, butter and sugar. Press mixture into bottom and sides of a buttered 9" pie pan, forming a neat border around edge. Bake crust about 5 minutes or until set and golden.

Using an electric mixer with a whisk attachment and a nonreactive bowl, beat egg yolks and lime zest at high speed about 5 minutes or until very shiny. Gradually add condensed milk, and continue to beat 3 or 4 minutes or until thick. Reduce speed of mixer to low. Add lime juice and mix just until combined.

Pour lime mixture into crust. Bake about 10 minutes or until filling has just set. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate.

To serve, place pie in freezer for 15 to 20 minutes before serving. In an electric-mixer bowl, combine cream and confectioners' sugar. Whisk until nearly stiff. Cut pie into wedges; serve very cold, each wedge topped with large dollop of whipped cream. Makes 8 servings

Source: Miami Herald - 2/98

Review later tonight, I hope lol

OH BOY !!!! OH BOY !!!! Was this ever sooooo good. It took strong will power not to go back for seconds. Can't wait till tomorrow night. lol

A gentle reminder ;)

Here is the list for the rest of the month of January 2019:

Jan. 31 - Let's make this our own Nat'l Day. How about Nat'l Favorite Spice Day?
I like the highlighted ones, but I think nat'l guacamole day should coincide with the corn chip day!

Can I make a different type of brittle, and have it count?

I like the idea of the favorite spice - though I couldn't pick a favorite veggie or cheese, this I could pick - Capsicum annuum! This species includes a huge percentage of the hot peppers of the world!

Dave, I just realized this morning. A little while ago, DH bought me this to put in my coffee as a treat. Have you ever used it? Torani Salted Caramel Flavoring Syrup. I'm going to their website and see what goodies we can make. Join me?
www.torani.com

Oh you like the hot stuff eh! lol

Found one possibility

Salted Caramel Cheesecake Bars
ingredients:
18 graham crackers
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
3 8oz. packages of cream cheese, room temperature
4 eggs
1 cup Torani Salted Caramel Syrup, divided
Instructions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9” x 13” or similar sized pan with baking spray. In a food processor crush graham crackers completely. Add melted butter and combine until mixture resembles wet sand. Press into the baking pan as a crust and bake for 10 – 12 minutes until slightly golden and dry. Cool crust completely. Using a stand mixer or hand mixer with a whisk attachment beat cream cheese, eggs and 3/4 cup Torani Salted Caramel Syrup. Pour mixture over the crust. Pour remaining 1/4 cup syrup over the batter and using a knife slowly swirl in mixture. Bake 35 minutes until mixture is set. Cool bars in the refrigerator to set for at least 2 hours. Cut into desired rectangles.

Last edited:

Oh boy, and with 2 cookbooks from the game, (maybe 4) DH is going to be awful busy today. lol

Oh boy, and with 2 cookbooks from the game, (maybe 4) DH is going to be awful busy today. lol
I’m looking forward to the second full week in February: INT’L JELL-O WEEK!

Get out your old church cookbooks, friends, it’s time for those sometimes odd, usually delicious and always nostalgic Jell-o desserts!

When I first posted this, I did not know then that there were 4 tornadoes just north of us. Hope all my fellow Floridians are safe and sound. Please let us know.

I’m looking forward to the second full week in February: INT’L JELL-O WEEK!

Get out your old church cookbooks, friends, it’s time for those sometimes odd, usually delicious and always nostalgic Jell-o desserts!

Hi Joel, that should be a very interesting week!! Thanks for the heads-up. That should give us all plenty of time to get ready.

I just found a hard cover cookbook here in my office called "More Joys of JELL-O" pub 1993 and a binder just crammed full of gelatin recipes. Wow, I really did need your heads-up. Thanks again. ;)

Can anyone help me with this please?

When I click on "new posts", my cooking game is not there. I have to click on "Jokes and Games" to find it. What am I doing wrong?

I was soo hoping to appreciate a beer can by having Beer Can Chicken tonight. I have never had that. But it didn't happen. :( But on the brighter side, I did have Dungeness Crab tonight. ;)

Here's the rest of the month again.

Apparently tomorrow is National Irish Coffee day, National Invisible Ink day, and National Florida Day.

Can anyone help me with this please?

When I click on "new posts", my cooking game is not there. I have to click on "Jokes and Games" to find it. What am I doing wrong?

Try going to "Quick Links" just to the right, in the same bar. Click on that. A submenu will come up, and click on "Today's Posts". You should be able to see your thread there. :)

Try going to "Quick Links" just to the right, in the same bar. Click on that. A submenu will come up, and click on "Today's Posts". You should be able to see your thread there. :)

Thanks Cheryl, I saw it. The game does get some viewers, but I thought the site was just too hard to get to for people to bother to play. I just can't get anyone to tell me why they don't like the game. Thanks again ;)

I have no kitchen.

I generally don't cook from written recipes. More from what I see in restaurants, and on TV.

That's all I got. :flowers:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom