Saturday Dinner...6/11/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have some leftover spaghetti sauce, so I'm thinking copycat Olive Garden pasta e fagioli. We also have leftover boiled shrimp.

Salmon filet topped with a white wine sauce made with tomatoes, olives, shallots, scallions, served over a bed of TJ's spinach linguine, garden salad on the side.

Sunny, hot and cleaning the catch all room so we can put the winter blankets up.
For dinner, beef stroganoff from a box, and maybe carrots.

I had a small serving of tater salad for lunch. More for dinner. It's not too hot for grilling, just too hot outside period. I'm making bacon wrapped cheese dogs in my cool kitchen. Ice tea.

Is have a dough ball getting ready so I can make it into a pizza. It'll be pepperoni and onion tonight. A cold beer will wash it all down.

Leftovers. I had the last smothered chicken breast, Himself finished the pasta and spinach with mascarpone sauce. Lots of fruit and snacking veggies in the fridge if we want anything else later, because this cook is off-duty tonight. ;)

House salad of homegrown lettuce, store bought tomato, bleu cheese and balsamic.

Main course was a smoked chicken quesadilla with carmelized onion, bread and butter jalepeno and cheddar.

Hi everyone - been MIA for a while. I've been on a road trip this past week with my daughter - we're up in Northern California near Lake Tahoe. Beautiful country. Been keeping really busy visiting family, sightseeing, shopping, and trying different restaurants.

Tonight's dinner was a Mexican feast and margaritas at the restaurant next to our hotel. I'm stuffed! :pig: :yum:

Last edited:
I got hungry in the middle of the afternoon for some reason and at about 3, I had two large hamburgers. That means for supper I'm only having a bowl of watermelon. I'm too stuffed to eat anything else. Unless someone offers me chocolate. Then I'm hungry.

Made some green chili stew for a week night meal, Then diner which was Greek meatballs, tomato sauce (I mention that I was going to use this sauce in a previous diner thread) and served on top of orzo with tzatziki sauce.

37240-albums1042-picture6561.jpg

Last edited:
That's feta cheese on the meatballs. The sauce is made with ras-el-hanout as the primary seasoning, along with a bit of cinnamon and cumin, S and P.

Back
Top Bottom