TGI Friday - What's Cooking 9/11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Shrimp Scampi, oven edition, over Angel Hair Pasta...

Shrimp Scampi, Baked.jpg

Shrimp Scampi, Baked a.jpg

Stirling grilled Angus beef burgers. We had them on kaiser buns with lettuce, mustard, mayo, sliced onion, salsa, and pickled jalapeño slices. There were also dill pickles on the side. It was kinda chilly out. Stirling had to wear a hoody. He said it smells like autumn. This time he added some garlic powder to the burgers and it made a subtle, but noticeable improvement.

I've had a taste for broasted chicken lately, something Himself enjoys too. This is the second time we got it since the restaurant changed ownership. The place isn't the same. :( They were out of jo-jo potatoes, too, so Himself put in a bid for their "really good" onions rings. Not good anymore, but the sorriest ones we've ever seen. Time to try a different place...twice as far away.

IMG_20200911_195822639_HDR.jpg

Because of my hospital bout (details at the sick room) I was in no mood to cook so it was dinner delivered to the trunk of SC by Hozey's grill, and it was just remarkable once more.

Seafood Linguine
Linguine with Alaskan halibut, shrimp, scallops, clams,
mussels, garlic, tomatoes and pinot grigio

USDA Prime Beef Short Ribs
Braised USDA Prime boneless beef short ribs with aged
Chianti, served with mashed potatoes and mushrooms and onions.

Attachments

• P9110068.jpg
    P9110068.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 52
  • P9110070.jpg
    P9110070.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 58
Hedgehog cheese ball of cream cheese, gruyere, caramelized onions and almond meal, plus slices for the quills was the centerpiece of our meal. Remainder was a pear, mortadella, pastrami, and genoa with bleu cheese if we wanted more cheese, and crackers.

Attachments

• 2020-09-11 18.10.30.jpg
    2020-09-11 18.10.30.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 56
I love the hedgehog!

Everyone's meals look great. I worked 12 hours so had grilled hotdogs waiting for me when I got home. Canned chili with onions and mustard. Our neighbor made a fresh peach pie to give to us, so we had part of it for dessert!

Back
Top Bottom