TGIFriday, 3/25/2011, What's on the menu today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm thinking linguine and white clam sauce, although I'll have to use spaghetti instead of linguine.
MsM......those eggs are beautiful and just the way I like them. Do you steam them?

I'm thinking linguine and white clam sauce, although I'll have to use spaghetti instead of linguine.
MsM......those eggs are beautiful and just the way I like them. Do you steam them?
Thank you K. No I just melt butter over medium heat, crack egg, swish and pull the white out around yolk to cook and set, when white is set I turn off fire remove from stove, flip (free hand flip or with a spat), swish on the way to the table and slide off onto plate.

Thank you K. No I just melt butter over medium heat, crack egg, swish and pull the white out around yolk to cook and set, when white is set I turn off fire remove from stove, flip (free hand flip or with a spat), swish on the way to the table and slide off onto plate.

Interesting MsM... the yolks are so high that they sure don't look like they've been turned over. I fry mine till almost ready and add a tiny bit of water to the side of the skillet, then slap a lid on top for a few seconds, just till the yolk has a film on it. I haven't broken a yolk for years now. :rolleyes:

I am making a change.

Instead of the feta going into the crepes I am making a feta cream sauce to go over the top, which just might put this one over the top.

Interesting MsM... the yolks are so high that they sure don't look like they've been turned over. I fry mine till almost ready and add a tiny bit of water to the side of the skillet, then slap a lid on top for a few seconds, just till the yolk has a film on it. I haven't broken a yolk for years now. :rolleyes:
I love over-easy eggs (if the yolk isn't totally runny, I don't want it) but have a terrible time turning them sometimes. I have always wanted to try flipping it but am intimidated by that! I still have to give it a try one of these days. I will also have to try the lid method.

Your eggs and everything else on the plate look amazing MsM!

They are nice sized and you could pick em out.. sheesh.. :cool:
LOL You obviously are not a cucumber-hating person who has learned from experience that when you pick them out, that nasty taste stays in the salad! Maybe if I put enough onion in it, I won't notice? :cool:

I do my eggs the same way.

Tonight I have a whole salmon to cook but I am still not sure what I going to do with it.

We had to get new tires on DH's car at Sam's Club so we picked up one of their whole pizzas from the snack bar. $11 for a whole pizza and 2 large drinks, ya can't beat it.

LOL You obviously are not a cucumber-hating person who has learned from experience that when you pick them out, that nasty taste stays in the salad! Maybe if I put enough onion in it, I won't notice? :cool:

I can make a salad without them? Now I am gonna go grumble about people that are too particular.. :cool:

I got a picture:

Attachments

• Crepes01.jpg
    Crepes01.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 171
That looks really good! I switched mine up and got the fried seafood platter with fried fish, scallops, oysters, clams, and shrimp.

Thank you K. I have never tried the lid method. I don't break yolks very often BUT if I do my hub or girls don't mind much. I NEVER break MY yolks. (tongue firmly planted in cheek) :LOL::ROFLMAO: LOL

I love over-easy eggs (if the yolk isn't totally runny, I don't want it) but have a terrible time turning them sometimes. I have always wanted to try flipping it but am intimidated by that! I still have to give it a try one of these days. I will also have to try the lid method.

Your eggs and everything else on the plate look amazing MsM!
Thank you Barbara.

Dinner – Chicken Stew (cubed b/s chicken breast, celery, carrots, onion, mushroom caps, frozen peas, and scallions. Gravy seasoned flour, butter, chicken stock and ½ & ½) over a thin bed of mashed red potatoes in the jackets (small amount each - butter, buttermilk, sour cream and chives).

img_983147_0_72c622de74edebb9d94fddb57612827a.jpg

img_983147_1_5f08b175c6564b7a6d9e80bdbd2a5328.jpg

Mmmm. Everybody's dinner looks so good. Mine is almost finished.

I took out 10 Brussels sprouts and halved them, melted a half stick of unsalted butter and
added a tablespoon of minced garlic.
Simmered and turned, then
sifted about 1/4 C baking mix on top and stirred in.
Added half a can evaporated milk and
and equal amount of soup stock.

Simmered and stirred that then slipped a couple of Pollack fillet pieces into the pan and covered in the sauce. Turned them, turned the burner off, and covered to finish off the fish.

It should be ready now.

Back
Top Bottom