Tuesday 8/15/2017 What's on the plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's a fine looking lobster roll, Andy.

GG, I hope your DH had a couple of cold, tall ones to go with the pizza. ;)

Oven BBQ chicken thighs, garlic/butter noodles and steamed broccoli...
No dessert? :ohmy:

Addie, I hope Pirate is up and at it soon.

I finished all the fresh veggies that aren't hitting the road with us and made loaded salads. Himself did a run to the local pizza joint for a Steak Bomb calzone - basically a Philly cheesesteak sandwich in a pizza crust, folded over. Except it has mozz cheese instead of Wiz.

GOOD looking and inspirational dinners again, all! I really need to get back in the swing of things regarding meals. It's just been so hot this summer - can't wait until the cooler weather arrives. Much as I love salads and seeing them here, I'm so looking forward to soups, stews, and casseroles. :chef::yum:

Have a wonderful vacay, CG and Himself!

Last edited:
Ooops, forgot to mention what I had for dinner this afternoon. :chef: Toaster oven baked cod filet with lemon slices, and sliced cucumber and radishes for a side. Fixin' to have a bowl of strawberry sorbet and see what's on the tube. :)

No dessert? :ohmy:

I finished all the fresh veggies that aren't hitting the road with us and made loaded salads. Himself did a run to the local pizza joint for a Steak Bomb calzone - basically a Philly cheesesteak sandwich in a pizza crust, folded over. Except it has mozz cheese instead of Wiz.

LOL... yup... had vanilla pudding... ;)

Ross

Pirate took a bad fall this morning and is bedridden.

So tonight I am going to make one of his favorite foods. A Frittata. All diced: potatoes, ham, onions, mushrooms, broccoli, Swiss cheese, Parm Cheese, and anything else I can find to toss in. And of course eggs to hold it all together. By the time I get it all together, there will be enough for two of us.

Oh no, I hope he's OK. He didn't hit his head, did he?

The fritatta sounds good, I've never made one before. Are they easy to make?

Mom had leftover ribs, mashed potatoes & gravy, and peas & corn - the last of everything except for the gravy. I had a roast beef sandwich and a salad. We had ice cream for dessert.

No, but your pan has to be slippery enough for the eggs to slide and the pan also needs to be able to go into the oven. That's how I read it. I have never made a frittata because we don't like the taste of browned eggs.

I didn't say you did. But if you have one - and I can't imagine anyone living in North Carolina doesn't ;) - you have the best tool to make it with.

Thanks, msmofet. That's how I meant it.

A frittata is really easy to make. If you have a cast iron skillet, eggs, veggies and cheese, you're all set. You can also add meats like bacon or sausage. It's good hot or cold and very nice with a green salad.

How To Make a Frittata | Kitchn

Actually, you did. And it doesn't have to be "slippery." You just have to add extra butter or bacon grease or oil if it's a regular SS pan.

And I personally know several people in NC that don't have a CI skille.t

Last edited:
Actually she didn't. Unless I'm mistaken "IF" doesn't mean you have to have it.

if
[if]
conjunction
in case that; granting or supposing that; on condition that:
Sing if you want to. Stay indoors if it rains. I'll go if you do.

And this is really ridiculous. Someone can't even offer help without being jumped on.

I'm starting to understand why PACanis left DC.

Last edited:
...I'm starting to understand why PACanis left DC.
And MrsLMB. And The Late Night Gourmet. And a number of others whose names I can't recall now, but had messaged me "bye" and told me why they were going. Every one mentioned the tone of some members' dialogue as being a large reason they were going.

Actually she didn't. Unless I'm mistaken "IF" doesn't mean you have to have it.

if
[if]
conjunction
in case that; granting or supposing that; on condition that:
Sing if you want to. Stay indoors if it rains. I'll go if you do.

And this is really ridiculous. Someone can't even offer help without being jumped on.

I'm starting to understand why PACanis left DC.

In the context she used it, implies that you must have a CI skillet to make it. She bitches at others for context, maybe she should think before posting. As far as members leaving, maybe some folks should look at themselves in the mirror.;) I've been dinged for chasing off several arrogant, self important individuals and have been privately thanked for doing so. Get over yourselves!:ROFLMAO:

In the context she used it, implies that you must have a CI skillet to make it. She bitches at others for context, maybe she should think before posting.

No, it doesn't. If you have it, you're all set. That implies that if you don't, you may need to make some adjustments. As I said in another thread (to your wife), I really don't have to account for every possible permutation of equipment people might have. Not quite that way (because I don't need you nit-picking again), but with the same meaning.

Anyway, thanks for playing.

Last edited:
No, it really doesn't. If you have it, you're all set. If you don't, you may need to make some adjustments. As I said in another thread (to your wife), I really don't have to account for every possible permutation of equipment people might have. Not quite that way (because I don't need you nit-picking again), but with the same meaning.

Anyway, thanks for playing.

What, you afraid to admit to your bashing of Addie at every chance? You are one that has a very high opinion of yourself. Get a life!:ROFLMAO:

How 'bout them forty-niners then?!?

Since this thread was still up, I thought I'd throw out (not throw up) what I had for dinner last night.

Just a plain old chicken wrap.

I had some chicken that I heated up, put it on a warmed up tortilla with melted cheese, onion slices, some sliced cherry tomatoes, and a crispy leaf of lettuce, then rolled it up and ate it. That was pretty good, although my mom's going to faint away if I told her I ate lettuce with something other than a salad.

Back
Top Bottom