Tuesday's Treat 09-07-2021

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Got beef back ribs cooking in the oven on a foil lined jelly roll sheet, meat-side up. They're seasoned simply wit Motreal Steak SeaJust made my mop of Lea & Perrin's Worcestershire, a little lemon juice, a touch of liquid smoke, and sweet-hot sauce. Put my first mop application on. Will mop every 20 minutes. I looked online, and all the recipes I see state that these should be cooked low and slow for 6 to 8 hours. I turned the oven temp down to 200. I'm hoping they come out moist.

I've also got marrow bones, and chuck short ribs combined with onion, carrots, garlic cloves, and water in the Insta- pot for 90 minutes at high pressure, to make a good beef stock that I'll tyrn into an Espagnole sauce to go with rice. I'll add a little tomato to the Espagnole to make it authentic. Just before it's time to eat, I have bi-colored ears of corn to husk, and cook.

I'll get pictures when everything is done.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

National Beer Lover's Day

Chief, you forgot to put today's date in the title. (I already asked for a Mod to modify it ;))

Today is National Beer Lover's Day. We have some beer around here. It will go perfectly with the hot dogs Himself will be grilling later tonight. Baked beans and mustardy potato salad will join in. A dill pickle or two. Maybe something else. Proof of dinner will show up later.

Last edited:
Sausage, Peppers & Onions over Rice, Steamed Carrots...

Sausage, Peppers, Onions 9-7-21.jpg

This is the dinner thread?

Pan fried ham steak, power greens fried in ham drippings and mashed red and yellow potatoes.

ham_greens_090721_IMG_8591.jpg

Here's pictures of the beef back ribs, and Chaucer Sauce. I figure everyone has seen rice, and corn on the cob.:D

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Attachments

• Beef Back Ribs4.jpg
    Beef Back Ribs4.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Beef Bck Ribs1.jpg
    Beef Bck Ribs1.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Chauser sauce1.jpg
    Chauser sauce1.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Chauser sauce4.jpg
    Chauser sauce4.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 37
The weather is lovely, not rainy or hot or cold. We had a salad with hard cooked eggs, chèvre, and charcuterie left from yesterday's resto delivery. There were capers, roasted pumpkin seeds, and a homemade creamy dressing to top the salad. We also finished off the last of the corn and bean salad.

My plate (I also had some prosciutto, not shown.)

Salad with eggs and chèvre, Linda's plate.jpg

DH's plate

Salad with eggs and chèvre, Stirling's plate.jpg

Mom had her regular grilled cheese and tomato sandwich with strawberries last night. I had a ham sandwich on honey wheat bread with bibb lettuce, sliced cucumbers and cherry tomatoes, watermelon cubes, and 2 thin Pepperidge Farms cookies.

Back
Top Bottom