Wednesday 7/12/2017 What's to eat today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The "meat tenderizer" posts inspired me...

Chicken fried pork cube steaks, chunky mashed potatoes with white gravy and steamed broccoli..

Ross

I know the answer to this question (for once). White bean and tuna salad. I have the following add-ins as the mood strikes-- sliced cukes, kalamata olives, pea pods, baby tomatoes, garden oregano/ tarragon/ parsley ; garlic and oil and red wine vinaigrette.

Leftovers here. Meatloaf, mashed taters, cheeseburger macaroni, salads. It's too hot to cook and these can all be reheated in the microwave.

We are having Duck Breast over Zucchini & Enoki Noodles | Mushrooms On The Menu | Mushrooms at Foodservice so we can use up the rest of the mushies we got for our dashi last week. Craig is busily prepping the duck for me. We got a whole one, and I do mean whole, head and all he just discovered, from the oriental market over the weekend. Guess I'll do a confit of the leg quarters, maybe some stock from the back, wings and breast bones. It's a recipe by Chef Jehangir Mehta, who was a contestant on one of the Next Iron Chef competitions and did fairly well if I remember correctly.

Spaghetti! The boyfriend requested cornbread with it. Is that weird? I think that's weird but I'll make it for him anyway :)

Didn't bake the ham yesterday--mom was worn out her visit to the lawyer and clinic. Tonight was the ham, mashed potatoes with parsley and chives, peas with chocolate mint, and a salad using the greens, radishes and pea shoots.

It's open-the-fridge-door-surprise night (AKA leftovers). I must refuse to cook anything new until we're done with those. DH has this bad habit of eating some for breakfast, then tells me he already had whatever for breakfast and wants something different.

Change of plans. We ended up with Calabrian carbonara using ndjua.

picture.php

I'm making bratwurst patties from the meat I made a couple days ago; will serve them with my homemade mustard. I'll make a veggie medley with zucchini, cubanelle pepper and yellow tomato from the garden, along with onion and garlic and fresh herbs. And we'll finish the leftover pasta salad.

I'm making bratwurst patties from the meat I made a couple days ago; will serve them with my homemade mustard. I'll make a veggie medley with zucchini, cubanelle pepper and yellow tomato from the garden, along with onion and garlic and fresh herbs. And we'll finish the leftover pasta salad.
Good stuff!
0712172023b_HDR.jpg

It's open-the-fridge-door-surprise night (AKA leftovers). I must refuse to cook anything new until we're done with those. DH has this bad habit of eating some for breakfast, then tells me he already had whatever for breakfast and wants something different.
You do know that if he meets with an untimely death you can then have anything you want for any meal. :ermm: :ohmy: Just sayin'...:whistling: :angel:

What I had planned for supper involved revving the oven up to 400 degrees. :huh: It was 90 degrees outside! What was I thinking? :LOL: Instead, I pulled out everything that was leftover or must-go and turned it into dinner. Romaine salads his & hers style. His: carrot, cukes, scallions, salad olives, radishes, and Parmigiano Reggiano...with a bit of my thumbnail. :ermm: My salad included cherries, blueberries, walnuts, and Wensleydale cheddar with cranberries. Dinner was frozen French cut green beans steamed in its own moisture and butter in a skillet, leftover pasta dish with corn and mushrooms with extra cream and ricotta added, and last night's pork chops cut into bits and warmed in a mushroom-sherry-mascarpone sauce. Everything was good, my refrigerator is empty except for my original meal's ingredients, and I have NO choice but to grocery shop tomorrow! :LOL: I mean, we're even out of milk!

Attachments

• 20170712_230711.jpg
    20170712_230711.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 168
  • 20170712_230648.jpg
    20170712_230648.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 121
Spaghetti! The boyfriend requested cornbread with it. Is that weird? I think that's weird but I'll make it for him anyway :)

Not if it is BBQed spaghetti like Interstate BBQ makes!;)

Last edited:
Planning Hero sandwiches again for dinner.
My version Italian Hero's

Hero roll, Red wine vinegar, salt, ground black pepper, my all purpose seasoning, frozen basil (forgot to pick up fresh), rubbed dry oregano and extra virgin olive oil applied to roll.

italian_hero_1_071317_P1100126.jpg

Hormel dilusso genoa salami, ham, provolone, pepperoni, tomato, onion and red leaf lettuce.

italian_hero_2_071317_P1100130.jpg

Back
Top Bottom