What is for Dinner, Sunday, April 26th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, I have a nice gas grill with a side burner. It is so hot that I am sweating sitting still. I don't want to cook over a hot grill and eat hot food in a hot house or in the hot sun. I just got my air put in. I am waiting till it cools down to cook. Good thing I am a night person. I might have dinner at midnight.:LOL:

After a phone conversation with my youngest brother this morning, he had me all geared up for pork chops on the grill. That's what he'd planned for his dinner. I was SURE I had some pork chops in the freezer. Well, boo hiss, no pork chops, so I'm going to grill some chicken instead. Guess I'd better put pork chops on my grocery list.

Picked up a really nice looking piece of swordfish so it's gonna be swordfish on the grill, Goya rice primavera and fresh steamed broccoli.

Pork roast in the crock (ala lechon asado), cuban black beans and yellow rice and lots of red wine.

img_816962_0_efb1586a19281c3a45904c5b064bd7fb.jpg
I made this dinner a week ago last night..... I am having the exact same thing! It was SO GOOD! :)

img_816962_1_6db5d5e74f65b41abc7fb8455eb65f3a.jpg

even the shrimp cocktail..

We're having chicken wings, celery sticks, and blue cheese drsg--sound familiar???????

I'd rather have shrimp cocktail, salmon, and hasselback potatoes--tyvm.

I was feeling extra ambitious, so I made:

• Hazelnut-encrusted salmon
  • Asparagus with pseudo-Hollandaise
  • Risotto
I had never made risotto before. It tasted great, but it was not quite done. I must have cooked it too rapidly.

I feel like such a slacker! I read through all of the posts about the wonderful meals you guys are making. Mmmmmm. But, I went out for sushi. So good. When you get the hankering for sushi, nothing else will really do.

Salisbury steaks with onion gravy, mashed potatoes and peas. I have multiple toothaches and need soft foods.

Salisbury steaks with onion gravy, mashed potatoes and peas. I have multiple toothaches and need soft foods.
Multiple toothaches? Oh I'm so sorry! I had to eat soft food for TMJ for awhile and while there are some very yummy foods that are soft, it does get old. I sure hope you feel better soon!

i have had no desire to eat for several weeks now. maybe i just don't want to cook. i have to eat as blood sugar levels are important. ended up with french onion soup,half piece toast. and cheese. about 280 calories. can't figure out what is going on. any ideas, anyone

i have had no desire to eat for several weeks now. maybe i just don't want to cook. i have to eat as blood sugar levels are important. ended up with french onion soup,half piece toast. and cheese. about 280 calories. can't figure out what is going on. any ideas, anyone

Babe, weren't you like this around the same time last year? I seem to remember a time when you really had to force yourself to eat. Can you at least get those Boost or Ensure drinks? Are you feeling well otherwise? I am concerned about you!

Vanillabean, i love the look of your shrimp dish, cool :)
Thank you, lifesaver! :)

This is our updated dinner. I snapped a quick shot of Mark's chili.... I'm bringing that for lunch tomorrow!
yum.gif
The picture is blurry, but it looked good!

His chili..
img_817055_1_709a2f73606f391430f557b3ea96a68d.jpg

my salmon and mixed vegie dinner
img_817055_2_4044ae205a29f8ceb0fa6189a4c80ae2.jpg

img_817055_3_913ba41bfad837cad3a1a651970ab078.jpg

Back
Top Bottom