What was for breakfast today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well, they say breakfast is the most important meal of the day.. the one meal i seem to skip a lot is lunch.. though I have been trying to be better about it. Breakfast, though, fuels you to start out your day. I find that when I don't have anything to eat in the morning and just drink coffee, I feel slow.. mentally. The coffee gives me a rush....but then with nothing in my stomach sends me crashing by late morning, and I feel really tired.

You should always try to have something for breakfast.. and .. try to make it healthy.. even though sometimes it is hard.

Here's one I used to do when I was in a hurry. You have to be able to handle a raw egg, tho.

1 cup milk
1 tsp sugar
1 raw egg
1 capful vanilla

Mix in blender.

i was hungry for eggs this mornin, but all i could find in the fridge was something called egg-beaters. my wife started to laugh and said i would never eat them, seeing as how i don't really like scrambled eggs, and those are no fat, no cholesterol "egg products". well, that was a challenge. i decided to make a pepper, onion, and chorizo omelette. i cubed then quickly browned some chorizo in olive oil, diced and softened onions and green pepper, then added a little butter and the egg beaters. i flipped it over and served it with some multigrain toast. it smelled so good dw had to try it. tonight she put egg beaters on the food shopping list, lol.

lol bucky.. I have never had them.. but you make them sound good.. I'll have to try them some time.

Usually, for me, it's just some coffee. But, since I didn't get much sleep last night (small children/infants interfering), I'm sharing an apple with one of my sons, then I'll hit the coffee as soon as it's done.

I made a Baked Apple Pancake that my neighbor gave me the recipe for yesterday. It was awesome!! Here it is:

BAKED APPLE PANCAKE

1 Cup pancake mix
2/3 cup milk
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 egg beaten
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 medium Golden Delicious apple, peeled and sliced
Maple syrup

Combine pancake mix, milk, oil and egg and mix til moistened.
In an 8 or 9 inch ovenproof skillet, melt the butter and stir in the brown sugar and apple slices. Saute 1 minute til brown sugar is dissolved then sprinkle with cinnamon and mix just a little. Cook uncovered over medium heat til bubbles form on the top.
Bake, uncovered in a 350 oven for 12-17 miutes or til slightly brown.
Invert onto a serving platter and drizzle with maple syrup.

I use my cast iron pan and it works great.

I had a little container of vanilla yogurt with a few canned, sliced peaches... coffee

i said a little honey bunny, what's your 20... wah waah wah waaaahhhh
i've got my rabbit ears on and i want to get funny honey... wah waah wah waaahhhh

i love that song from the geico commercial. crewsk, your brekkie reminded me of that.

A good morning to all!

(I see you've had your daily ration of coffee today, Buckytom. By the way, what is your quote du jour? Seems familiar, but can't tie it down. I actually awakened this morning wondering what you were listening to today enroute to work, and what that would yield us....)

Breakfast today: banana nut bread from the oven, with coffee.

lol, audeo. it's from the police, zenyatta mondatta, "de do do do, de da da da". i couldn't fit the last line "there's no one jammin' their transmission"

i had an egg, bacon and cheese sammich this mornin. it was free, so it tasted even better. on saturdays and sundays in the fall, my company puts out tables of catered food in various dept.'s so that the worker bees don't have to leave their posts during a busy golf and football day. same goes for lunch and dinner. i get so fat every fall; the free food keeps coming until the super bowl.

btw, bang, i saw a beautiful site today. it was a an entire cart full of aluminum trays, like the kind you roast a turkey in, full of bacon. it must have been about 50 lbs of bacon. it brought a tear to my eye...

I can imagine the aroma.. that's one of my favorite smells in the world.

I had a hashbrown casserole .. not a whole casserole.. just one portion at a local restaurant.. lol

well i had to get up at 4:45 to be at work by 6 a.m.
to my surpise the bf got up i thought he was getting something to drink.
when i got out of the shower he had bacon and scrambled eggs made for me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom