What's Cookin' Thursday 1/30/20??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Baked Patagonian Toothfish, AKA Chilean Sea Bass, under a blanket of Minced Garlic, EVOO, Salt & Pepper... Air-roasted Yukons, Steamed Asparagus Tops,

Salad w/ Country French...

Chilean Sea Bass.jpg

You beat me by a couple of minutes, LT. Good thing I checked again to see if someone started a thread before I hit "Submit new thread". ;)

This afternoon's conversation:

Me: Is chili a soup?

Himself: Nope.

Me: Well I need to use up some ground meat, and I'm going for a full "souper bowl" week menu. If you say that chili is soup, I'll make it for supper tonight. (Himself loves chili.) So...is chili a soup?

Himself: Yup! (As you can see, Himself is a man of few words.)

Confusion. Disappointment. Tears.

Cat heard a flip top can opening. Came running and pawing at my leg. And continuous talk talk talk right up until she saw me turn around and spoon a can of tomato soup into a pan on the stove. She didn't want a bit of cheese offered from my grilled cheese sammie.

She heard a familiar sound and wanted Tuna. Not today. Sorry. Nope. Nada.

I'll be sure to let her lick some ice cream off a spoon later.

I've been seeing an awful lot of "Sloppy Joe" this and that lately on Pinerest.
I was thinking that Sloppy Joe Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches would be tasty.

DSC01260.jpg

DSC01264.jpg

DSC01261.jpg

Super easy
Looked good
Smelled good
… but the taste wasn't good.

I'm glad that I had some leftover Pizza from yesterday in the chill box
IMG_4777.jpg

I had a big square meal for breakfast and an even bigger, nutritionally dense salad for mid-afternoon lunch. Not much left in the calorie budget for dinner so just didn't bother with it.
Lunch 2020-01-30 205123.jpg

"Bachelor surprise": ground pork, chopped onions, defrosted Asian stir fry mix of vegis, sesame seeds, all fried up together with a serious sprinkling of sesame seeds. This was served over brown basmati rice with hot sauce(s). We used this to taste test some hot sauces. We have a friend who makes and sells hot sauces. We ordered two boxes of sample jars and are working our way through them. I'm taking notes, so we will know which ones to order full sized bottles of. It was good. I forgot to take pictures. :(

We had an impromptu ground beef stroganoff. Craig was tired of cooking since he's been doing nearly all of it this week given a mobility issue I've been having, so it was either order something out or have something easy for me to cook sitting down mostly. We only had white button mushrooms, but did have dried porcini and porcini powder, so I used the porcini powder to make the saucy part. Came out pretty darn good. We may even skip using the canned mushroom soup we usually use, but didn't have, from now on.

Back
Top Bottom