Tuesday weigh in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kyles said:
We originally said Tuesday for weigh-ins, then Friday was better for most people, except me coz I can't weigh at home, only at work. So I posted Tuesday weight in anyway!!! Sorry for the confusion, it's in my nature to cause as much confusion as possible :roll: :LOL:

I think either or both days will work.

:D

I read everyone's posts but forgot to add my own on Tuesday. I weigh the same, 130 lbs., but my goal was to exercise more. In one weeks time I think I have exercised four of the days. Today I decided to try and exercise in the morning since thats when I have the most energy. I think I will write down the days that I work out, just to keep track of how consistent I am. The first week of exercise (last week) was hard because I was sore for several days. This week I feel alot better, not as sore.

congrats to everyone for sticking to their goals!

I'm joining the gym and dreading it! I have never seen any other fat people in the gym, they're all sylphe like and fit and gorgeous. But I know eathing healthily is only half the story so it has to be done. If anyone has any exercise tips or inspiration (or wants to give me a kick up the backside to get me going) feel free!!!!

Hi Kyles... I know you can do it.
I think the first time will be the hardest but, once you're through the
door you'll be fine!

Take some headphones and your favorite CD's! Pretend that you're riding that exercise bike to the beach or through a park.
And have races with yourself!! :LOL: :LOL:

It's always a good idea to make a friend at the gym and then you two can hold each other responsible for showing up and working out.
It seems like if you talk during work outs, the time flies, and you have a great time :)

kyles said:
I'm joining the gym and dreading it! I have never seen any other fat people in the gym, they're all sylphe like and fit and gorgeous. But I know eathing healthily is only half the story so it has to be done. If anyone has any exercise tips or inspiration (or wants to give me a kick up the backside to get me going) feel free!!!!

I used to belong to a gym about 5 years ago. I saw people that were old, young, fat, and trim. The main thing is, who cares, everyone is there for the same reason. I made "exercise friends", those that I would see everytime I went to the gym ( and they were old, young, fat, and slim).

I used to wear some clingy but stretch shorts that were about mid length, and a loose shirt, but as time when by and I gained confindence, I eventually wore a smaller shirt because my stomach slimmed down and I was proud of myself. I had so much confidence in myself while going to the gym, I was better than some of the guys.

One thing about gyms is, you have to figure out what time is best for you. My time was at 5.30 am. If you go around 3 or so, your gonna hit up with the high school crowd. If you go at night you might find a group of various ages. I used to spend two hours at the gym, between working out and then taking time to shower and do the jacuzzi. It's well worth the two hours!

On edit, dont talk too much during your workout, most of my friends just did the workouts and talked in the locker room, or just a minute in between sets. Mostly I noticed teens tend to chat more than work out and take up the benches and aerobic machines. Very annoying to those teens that are reading this! Oh and wipe the benches down with alcohol please lol.

kyles said:

Wear loose fitting clothing that you feel comfortable in. Also, go buy yourself an outfit to workout in. Make it seem special. When I started working out again, I bought myself a new pair of shoes to exercise in. The main thing is to exercise at your own pace. I had to stop exercising with one friend because I found myself trying to keep up with her. Most of all have fun!!

I exercised today on the treadmill and universal weight machine. I really enjoyed the exercise and it made me forget about the problems of my world. I find exercising a huge stress relief.

You and I are on the same page Sierra Cook, I have found my exercise outfit, and will buy it on pay day! Our gym at work doesn't run to luxuries like spas and saunas I'm afraid, but we are so lucky to have a free gym on the premises. I haven't found a gym buddy, I have suggested it to a couple of larger ladies at work, so hopefully one will decide to join me.

The fitness instructor is designing a program for me, and will incorporate things I can do at home in case I chicken out of the gym!

I prefer to workout with another person and the person that I usually ask has not been well motivated to exercise. So, I went by myself. Today, I did not exercise in the gym, but walked out in the woods. It was a beautiful day. Clear, cold, with a deep blue sky. I actually got warm and had to peel a layer. Thank Heaven for long underwear and insulated snowpants. It's a good thing that I wore regular pants under my snowpants, so I could take the snowpants off.

Good luck with the execising, kyles. Keep up the great work. :)

I still weigh the same, 130. I exercised yesterday (monday), and today so far this week.

Thanks pdswife1.

Yay! On Fridays we can wear jeans to work (as long as we wear our school t-shirt or sweatshirt). The only pair that I've been able to wear were a pull-on pair with no pockets. This morning I decided to try my regular jeans. I was able to wear them for the first time in months!

:) Barbara

img_77658_0_7b43e6fcd32908effb676ff4778ac976.gif

Doing good girl!

I really am so proud of you!!!

Hey - have any of you read
"The Schwartzbein Principal"?
It's a really good book that my mom's doctor friend shared with her some years ago. My mom tried this way of eating, and for the first time in 15 years, was able to lose weight. It was originally a way of eating for Diabetes patients, and they all started shedding pounds.
It's nutritionally sound, and goes back to the way folks ate 100 years ago. Real butter, lots of fresh produce, good meats, and bypassing processed foods whenever possible. I suggest you take a look if you can find a copy in your local library.

Okay enough with my commercial.
I am really impressed with the support system in this forum!

Now, can anyone get me to start going back to the gym? It's been 2 months (due to being sick, injured, etc) and I am not too motivated....

I weighed again today, bye bye to another 2.5 pounds, woo hoo!!!!!!

Jkath if I can do gym anyone can, next week I have my first gym session, and dreading it. I have started doing an exercise tape at home, and boy was it fun!!! I am so not looking forward to going to the gym, but I know I will feel heaps better when i am doing regular exercise!

I can't wait to see how much weight I can lose by my birthday............June 3rd.

I finally got my exercise bike put together and up and running Saturday morning.

I rode 9 miles on Saturday, 10 on Sunday and just finished doing 11 today!
Think I'll stick with 11 for a few days instead increasing right now. 11 does me in. I can hardly stand up when I'm done.

:D

amber said:
I could use some support with my execise!

YOU can do it Amber. I hate exercise with a passion!! I don't mind hiking or walking down a beach but, to go to the gym or jogging or even that silly exercise bike up stairs is a pain. YUCK! If I can do it YOU CAN!!!

I know it!

Back
Top Bottom