Hot Chocolate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wanted something different in my HC , so I used Monin Toasted Almond Mocha syrup , a teaspoon of it and it was so good.

Oh, I agree I agree I agree ... I found a bottle of that wonderful flavor at TJ Maxx and wish I could find another!! Makes the best morning latte too!
Those Monin syrups are the best.

Schokinag - Products - Complete Drinking Chocolate Gift Box

I was watching the food network last year while they were doing a thing on Hot Chocolate. They mentioned the above product. Drinking Chocolate, which are little chocolate chips with different flavors added ( mint, moroccan spice ...). I decided to get a gift sampler for my wife for her birthday. Im not sure if it is my favorite or not, but definitely a different twist on Hot Chocolate and worth a try. I think my all time favorite is the hot chocolate made from the back of the hershey cocoa container with a lot of whipped cream ( A LOT) or a scoop of vanilla ice cream in it ( or both)..

larry

Just found this lil article on a Hot Chocolate
------
Hot chocolate that's almost too good to drink
This hot chocolate lives up to its name. It is deeply rich and chocolatey without being cloyingly sweet. And it is so thick and creamy, you'll be tempted to eat it with a spoon.
The drink owes its lush body in part to a banana that is pureed into the milk and cream. If the combination of chocolate and banana doesn't work for you, just leave it out and add another 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
This drink is so rich, it should be served in espresso cups. If you like, top it with a dollop of whipped cream.
And whatever you do, make sure there are leftovers. Cover and refrigerate them overnight. By morning they will have been transformed into chocolate mousse.
Depths Of Sin Hot Chocolate
1 cup milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 soft banana
Pinch cinnamon
Pinch salt
3 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
1/2 cup marshmallow spread
In a blender, combine the milk, cream, banana, cinnamon and salt. Puree until very smooth and thick. Pour the milk mixture into a small saucepan and set over medium heat.
Warm the mixture, whisking constantly, until it just barely comes to a simmer. Add both chocolates and the marshmallow spread. Whisk until completely melted and smooth.
Ladle the hot chocolate into espresso cups. If desired, top with a dollop of whipped cream.
Servings: 7.

Schokinag - Products - Complete Drinking Chocolate Gift Box

I was watching the food network last year while they were doing a thing on Hot Chocolate. They mentioned the above product. Drinking Chocolate, which are little chocolate chips with different flavors added ( mint, moroccan spice ...). I decided to get a gift sampler for my wife for her birthday. Im not sure if it is my favorite or not, but definitely a different twist on Hot Chocolate and worth a try. I think my all time favorite is the hot chocolate made from the back of the hershey cocoa container with a lot of whipped cream ( A LOT) or a scoop of vanilla ice cream in it ( or both)..

larry

Trader Joe's Sipping Chocolate is quite the extravagant treat. Some folks insist that it is actually Bellagio Sipping Chocolate. It is not too expensive either and is incredibly rich and chocolatey. It is like drinking rich melted chocolate as opposed to hot chocolate or hot cocoa. It also comes in different flavors if one buys the Bellagio versions.
See. http://www.caffedamore.com/shopping/shopdisplaycategories.asp?id=8&cat=Bellagio

Oh, I agree I agree I agree ... I found a bottle of that wonderful flavor at TJ Maxx and wish I could find another!! Makes the best morning latte too!
Those Monin syrups are the best.
I shop online at Monin because stores around where I live don't carry their products.
Monin Store

I am not into the hot chocolate stuff (more of a coffee guy), but for those who do hot chocolate from a powder/granulas, I have a tip: mix it with a small amount of water/milk and put in microwave so that it just starts boiling. Then quickly switch the microwave off. Switch it on again, to the boiling point, and switch off. Mix the small concentrated (now warm) amount of the hot chocolate, and add the remaining water/milk. It will add smoothness.

I love almost any kind of hot chocolate! It can be really good with vanilla soy milk too. Try adding raspberry flavor or little orange essential oil. Chocolate and fruit
as we all know can be delicious.

Rose
yumeblush

Back
Top Bottom