Chocolate seizes for nothing ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SlowCook66

Cook
Hi folks,
I am doing a fudge recipe and nothing works !!!!
I make sure to dry all my cups and scoops and bowls so there is no humidity whatsoever!
I then melt my chocolate in the microwave to approximately 50C. It’s smooth and silky! I add a can of sweetened condensed milk and some yogourt, mix a bit and Boom!! chocolate starts appearing grainy and loses its smooth appearance????🤷🏻‍♂️.

It doesn’t matter if I heat my chocolate to30C or 40C or 50C, lately I always get the same results 🫤

Disgusting !!!!!! Why oh why is it doing this ?????

Attachments

• IMG_3768.jpeg
    IMG_3768.jpeg
    179.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Yes I did …. Yogourt and chocolate always gave me smooth surface like below. Recently I bought the same brand and type of chocolate in a different store but this time the chips were bigger !!! But it’s the same name and brand I don’t understand 🤷🏻‍♂️ could it be it’s a different chocolate ??? Also in the case it could be the yogourt would it help if I drain the water from the yogurt through a strainer?

**I don’t know maybe this yogourt had more water in it IDK

Attachments

• IMG_3603.jpeg
    IMG_3603.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I have no idea.

If it worked for you in the past, I would experiment by trying different brands of chocolate chips and other ingredients one at a time until you find the culprit.

Good luck!

I have no idea.

If it worked for you in the past, I would experiment by trying different brands of chocolate chips and other ingredients one at a time until you find the culprit.

Good luck!
I don’t really remember the order of how I put my ingredients in my chocolate but it seems like if you mix in butter in your chocolate **BEFORE** you add any water based ingredients (in my case yogourt) it won’t seize or clump up the chocolate !!! Have you ever experienced this ??

Yup ! In any case tomorrow I’ll add all my fats and butters before adding the sweetened condensed milk and yogourt. Could be why sometimes it worked and now it doesn’t!! Getting my order of ingredients mixed up ! Thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom