PPPC-II. It's baaaack...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can get panko crumbs at my local grocery store now, too, Katy. Indeed, progress! I can get curds there now, too. They come vacuum sealed so they stay reasonably fresh.

These were so good I had to fix myself another. The sweetness of the holding sauce veggies was really good and offset the spicy brown mustard a bit. We'll see how they warm back up later.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 142
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 135
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 138
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 137
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 135
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 139
I can get panko crumbs at my local grocery store now, too, Katy. Indeed, progress! I can get curds there now, too. They come vacuum sealed so they stay reasonably fresh.

These were so good I had to fix myself another. The sweetness of the holding sauce veggies was really good and offset the spicy brown mustard a bit. We'll see how they warm back up later.

That does look very good indeed Pac! :yum:

There is "curd cheese" to be had locally, but it comes in a tub - like cream cheese. (Can't imagine how it could be rolled into balls for battering and frying, so it's probably a different product.)

Last edited:
Thanks, Katy :)
Here's a wiki on our cheese curds here Cheese curd - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
They come flavored, too. The ones i bought have cajun seasoning on them. I've used the unflavored ones for poutine, which is curds with gravy on fries (chips).

Thanks Pac. Interesting! Having seen the picture, not the sort of curds I was thinking of. (Which is not to say that something similar doesn't exist somewhere in the country of course.)

Poutine - hm - not entirely convinced about gravy with cheese.... but the individual elements are all nice, so I would certainly give it a try if I ever happened to be somewhere that serves it!

Paneer - now that I know. We Brits love our Indian food! ;) (And no problem finding that locally.) :LOL:

Thanks Pac. Interesting! Having seen the picture, not the sort of curds I was thinking of. (Which is not to say that something similar doesn't exist somewhere in the country of course.)

Poutine - hm - not entirely convinced about gravy with cheese.... but the individual elements are all nice, so I would certainly give it a try if I ever happened to be somewhere that serves it!

Paneer - now that I know. We Brits love our Indian food! ;) (And no problem finding that locally.) :LOL:
Poutine is delicious. :pig:

If there is a cheese factory near you, they will have the curds. They may never have thought of selling them before they press them to make the cheese. ;)

Never had even heard of cheese curds till I lived in Wisconsin. The fresher, the squeakier. :yum:

And strangely, while being half Canadian, I'd never even heard of poutine till I joined DC!

Poutine is delicious. :pig:

If there is a cheese factory near you, they will have the curds. They may never have thought of selling them before they press them to make the cheese. ;)

Would it surprise you to know that there is no cheese factory near me? :LOL: I am starting to think I live in a food desert! (There are lots of cows and sheep locally mind you!) Lots of small cheesemakers locally too - they are more likely to turn the curds into gorgeous artisan cheeses than sell them as is I imagine. (They charge enough for them!) :rolleyes:

Would it surprise you to know that there is no cheese factory near me? :LOL: I am starting to think I live in a food desert! (There are lots of cows and sheep locally mind you!) Lots of small cheesemakers locally too - they are more likely to turn the curds into gorgeous artisan cheeses than sell them as is I imagine. (They charge enough for them!) :rolleyes:
But, if you asked nicely, they might sell you some curds.

But, if you asked nicely, they might sell you some curds.

This would involve me tracking them down, finding the farm or smallholding, going there (which, in itself would be a challenge for someone who gets lost in her own town), and having the temerity to ask them for their raw product rather than the sumptuous cheese they have slaved over for many many months.... :ermm:

I'm just not that brazen TL! :LOL::LOL:

This would involve me tracking them down, finding the farm or smallholding, going there (which, in itself would be a challenge for someone who gets lost in her own town), and having the temerity to ask them for their raw product rather than the sumptuous cheese they have slaved over for many many months.... :ermm:

I'm just not that brazen TL! :LOL::LOL:
You could phone and ask. Be sure to explain that you want it for poutine, not to make your own cheese.

Maybe if you said you needed it to make a food from another country they might be more understanding, or at least interested.

Back
Top Bottom