Clementines

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jase

Assistant Cook
My wife bought a box of clementines from the store yesterday. There's no way we'll be able to use them all before they go bad. I would have brought them to work to share if today wasn't Friday.

Is there something that could be made with all these clementines? Perhaps some sort of dessert, or jam? Thanks in advance.

I have juiced them. But, I tend to eat 2-3 at one sitting...When I was a little girl, the adults used to drive up to Winterpeg (that is Winnipeg) from my grandparents' home 18 mi. south of the MB-MN border and Christmas shop on Black Friday. I can remember my grandma bringing home a crate of what we called "mandarin" oranges almost every year. Today they are called clementines. At that time, in Northern MN at the start of winter, these little oranges were such a treat. I don't remember having them as a child except following those trips to Winterpeg. I guess they weren't available at the little Red Owl where we lived in Minnesnowta. And, there was the time I was under the age of 5 and my dad brought fresh pineapples and coconuts home from Hawaii. And, the lobsters that chased me around the kitchen when I was a toddler (~19-20 months old) that my uncle brought back from Boston...early food memories!

My grandma would take the rind and pith off, add them to orange jello, and top the jello with real whipped cream. That was dessert on the Saturday after T'day with my grandma's homemade turkey soup and drop dumplings.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom