ISO New Apricot Chicken Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SpiritWolf

Senior Cook
:idea::chicken: Hey everyone, I need some new ideas on a "Apricot Chicken" recipie.
I already have my own version, but I want some new ideas and wisdom, mine in getting a bit boring, nothing like a new recipie to spice up someones life. I love putting either "Brandy,Malibu,or white wine" in my recipies , but please any new ideas would be great.:)Thanks heaps for any ideas.

I've never had Apricot Chicken but it sounds good. If I come across any that look good I'll let you know. :cool: And hopefully someone else who already has a good one will post one soon.

:) Barbara

Would this be any good if you substituted chicken for duck?

duck breast:

Ingredients
2 boned duck breasts
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped apricots tinned in juice
2 tablespoons juice from apricots
1 tablespoon good brandy
1 teaspoon cornflour
vegetable stock
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons butter

Method
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the duck breast skin side down.
- Turn over.
- Turn down the heat and cook gently until the breasts are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the breasts from the pan and keep warm.
- Remove as much fat as possible from the pan but leave the duck juices behind.
- Put the pan on a gentle heat and add about 1 cup of the stock.
- Stir to incorporate all the duck juices into the stock and then add the butter, apricots, juice and brandy.
- Mix the cornflour to a smooth paste with a little cold water and add to the pan, stirring all the time.
- Serve this sauce with the duck.

one more link

Oakville Grocery - Grilled Apricot Chicken

Last edited:
How funny you mention this - earlier this week I was making a Cooking Light Pork Chops with Country Gravy and was a little bored with it also, so I added 1/2 cup Apricot jam (and a little red pepper flakes) to the gravy - it was great! At the time I thot I'd try it with chicken also...bet it would be very good. Even thin the gravy a tad with some apply brandy......

Here's the recipe -

Pork Chops with Country Gravy Recipe - Pork - MyRecipes.com

After adding the apricot jam, I put the chops back in the gravy for a few minutes.

Ooooooooh, there's one on that link for chicken salad with necatrines. Sounds scrumptious. I just can't wait for necatrines to come into season. I love them.:)
Thanks for the link.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom