Lemon pepper whole roasted chix-rec.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Cora,
here is what I did with the chicken..
I took a whole chicken, rinsed and dried him, then lifted the skin on the breast and legs and rubbed in a mixture of

1-cube softened butter--I'm guestimating here on the seasonings..I made this up at the last minute under pressure from DH, asking when we gonna eat:LOL: You can add more if you like, nect time I might add more lemonpepper
about 2-3 Tab. of lemon pepper seasoning
1- tea. garlic powder
1-tea. onion powder
1-tea. poultry seasoning
I saved a small portion of the mixture let's say if we were measuring the butter 2-4 Teas. and brushed it on the out side of the bird after it had been cooking about 20 min. Then I sprinkle the top with more lemonpepper. I just went back after that about each half hour and basted with pan drippings. I cooked the bird at 370 for 1/2 hour, turned the heat to 325f and cooked it til done the total time was 2 hours. I added some small potatoes to the pan about 45 minutes before I took it from the oven.
Inside the bird, I just put a sprig of thyme and a halved lemon that I squeezed and dropped in the cavity.

kadesma:)

Yeehaw! Thanks kadesma! Yum, it looks good. I've never roasted a chicken before. Think I'll make it on Monday. As far as I know, we'll be home all afternoon. I'll let you know how it turns out.

One cube butter? Like a stick? half a stick?

:LOL: YUP, positive..then again??? Then neighbors did have a hen missing:ROFLMAO:

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom