Lemon/Soy Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sunrise

Assistant Cook
I made this dish for the family last night for dinner and everyone loved it.:chef:

6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or chicken pieces of choice)
Juice of two lemons and zest
1/2 cup soy sauce (low sodium)
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. dried oregano
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil pluse extra for sauteeing
1 10 oz. package of mushrooms sliced (optional)
1 shallot sliced
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup water or chicken broth (I use broth)

In a bowl place lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic, onion, oregano, salt and pepper and 2 tablespoons of olive oil for 30 minutes.

Meanwhile wash and slice mushrooms (if using).

Take chicken breasts and dredge in flour shaking off most of the excess. In a large saute pan or skillet, add a couple of tablespoons of olive oil and heat. Saute chicken until lightly browned. Remove chicken, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and saute mushrooms (if using) and remove to a separate bowl. Add another tablespoon of EVOO and sautee shallots and garlic. Deglaze pan with white wine. When most of the wine evaporates, add chicken and mushrooms back and lemon/soy mixture and 1/2 water cup or chicken broth, cover and simmer over very low heat for one hour, turning occasionally.

Can be served with either rice or orzo. The chicken is tender and it makes a wonderful sauce.

We like lemon in our family, but you can cut back to juice of one lemon if you think it's too much. I make the lemon/soy mixture early in the day and place bowl in the fridge until I am ready to cook.:)

I'm always looking for something new to do with chicken, & this sounds Dee-lish. Thanks for sharing, Sunrise. And... Welcome to DC. :chef:

MMMMM! This is right up my alley, Sunrise!

Printed out and saved into my notebook. I'll probably make it next week, served with a little white rice and steamed Shanghai bok choy which I learned about in another thread.

Thanks for posting it!

Lee

Back
Top Bottom