ISO Potato Bread Rolls (like DILs)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
My daughter In Law makes the best potato-bread rolls ever. They are light and fluffy, very soft, with a perfect texture. The flavor is slightly yeasty, and buttery. As one fo my co-workers says of his favorite foods, they may not be good for the body, but they sure are good for the soul.:LOL: I've got to get her recipe!

If anyone has a reicpe for potato-bread (bread dough with mashed potatoes added), please share.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

did you check out the Grandma Snarr's Icebox rolls thread? Those are made with mashed potatoes.

My daughter In Law makes the best potato-bread rolls ever. They are light and fluffy, very soft, with a perfect texture. The flavor is slightly yeasty, and buttery. As one fo my co-workers says of his favorite foods, they may not be good for the body, but they sure are good for the soul.:LOL: I've got to get her recipe!

If anyone has a reicpe for potato-bread (bread dough with mashed potatoes added), please share.

did you ever get your daughter-in-law's recipe for potato-bread rolls? is it the same as the one in your blog? my mashed potatoes are waiting in the freezer.

Search on line for the Spud Nut doughnut recipe. After some research, and my DIL giving me the recipe, I found out that her recipe is the exact recipe for spudnut doughnuts. It was a popular doughnut chain in early 20th century Utah. I made the rolls into doughnuts and fried them. Ther are spectacular as doughnuts, buttery bread rolls, and as fry bread. My recipe on the blog is similar, but not exactly the same. And on my blog, I purposely made it different so as to explore the properties of using different ingredients in bread dough recipes.

Try the spudnuts recipe. I don't have access to the original recipe right now as I'm in El Cajon, CA, visiting my MIL and other in-laws.

oh, this is so unfair. Now you guys have me wanting to make donuts and I am too busy with house stuff (painting etc.) to do any real cooking. Arrrrgggg.

Link to Spudnut recipe: Spudnuts Recipe

To make into bread rolls, simply roll out the dough, about 1/8 inch thick. Cut into 3 inch rounds. Dip in melted butter, fold in half, and let rise. Place in 350 degree F. oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.

For doughnuts, cut into doughnut shape, let rise, and fry in hot oil (350) until lightly browned. Flip and fry until golden brown. Remove to paper towels and drain. Glaze with milk/powderred sugar glaze, or dust with powdered sugar, or cinnamon and sugar, or maple glaze, etc. Eat warm for the magic, though they are very good cold as well.

You can also cut these into the shape of a long john and fry as you would a doughnut. Use a piping bag and Bavarian cream, or fruit filling to fill the middle of the long john.

Can you say deadly good!:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom