AAB's Shrimp Scampi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ask-A-Butcher

Senior Cook
This Scampi was inspired by several different recipes and some of my own imagination.

I started by making an Aoli (2 servings) out of the following:

½ cup of extra virgin olive oil (evoo)
2 heaping TBS of Smart Balance© buttery spread
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 TBS chopped fresh parsley
2TBS grated Parmesan cheese
Kosher Salt, ground black pepper to taste
½ cup of water

Put evoo into a small pan, add the garlic. Cook on med until the garlic turns color. Add the Smart Balance©, let melt and then add the parsley, cheese, S&P. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for a few minutes, add the water and stir well.

Divide 2/3-3/4 lb of small cooked shrimp into two lightly greased ramekins. Pour about 3 TBS of the Aoli over the shrimp and then top with more Parmesan cheese.

The stuffed Portabello mushroom consisted of Mexi-4-cheese blend, part skim Mozzarella cheese, the chopped stem of the shroom, garlic powder, and black pepper. It was topped with some chopped fresh parsley and evoo.

The asparagus was just marinated in fat-free Italian dressing for a couple of hours.

I put the Scampi on a 400° grill and cooked indirect for approx 15 minutes. After 5 minutes I put on the stuffed Portabello and the asparagus. The asparagus was turned a few times until browned. At this point, every thing was done.

While I was out on the grill, Mrs. Rum cooked up a ½ lb of Barilla PLUS© Thin Spaghetti (this is the good stuff, made with Omega-3 and good grains). After draining the pasta, I poured in the remaining Aoli and tossed well. A serving was put onto a plate and topped with the Scampi mixture from the ramekin.

This was served with a nice white wine (a Mosel Reisling) and one of the nicest meals I've done. This is a keeper :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom