Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The last thing that made me smile was when I woke up this morning. That is rare because I do not wake up happy. Today however I woke up to my wife holding my daughter who was looking at me and smiling. That just put the biggest smile on my face. It was the best way in the world to wake :)
That made me smile. I have been really missing my father.

(Edited to add, I know it is an old post, I was reading the older smiles and this one really stood out)

I was finally able to visit my neighbor and hand him a large makosh and explain how sorry I am about Alice's passing. Three cards including a donation had been sent but I have been very upset. He and I reminisced and he tried to fight back tears but could not. February 14th would have been their anniversary. They were married at least 60 years. To lose someone so close to Christmas is hard. He said he did not know how he was going to be able to go on living.

I am so glad that I found the gumption I needed to get this done. The problem wasn't so much the baking--I was procrastinating because I have been so weepy over losing Alice and I was afraid to visit lest I fall apart when I was the one suppose to be the comfort.

I must admit, I feel a whole lot better having done the right thing. Joe knows me well enough to know how sensitive I am and he told me that Alice loved me, too.

There has been a lot of loss--too much in my life and it can be so hard to lose the people you love the most. Sometimes being the youngest means having to say goodbye to the most people.

I know this is a strange "smile" but I am so pleased that I did this--showed Joe that I cared and baked for his Christmas. Makosh is one of his favorite things next to pie. And, I reminded him that he had a large extended family who loves him and to let them be there for him, now.

Last edited:
DH helped me make candy tonight. It is so much fun when we can do things together! I was especially smiling when I looked over to see a big blob of chocolate on his nose!

Laurie and Susan, I can just see you both with great big grins on you faces...
You both deserve those grins Tony too;)
kades

sitting down to do this diylasis, it felt so good to just park myself..I was busy from 7:30 this morning, no feeling ill, no being tired, enjoying grocery shopping with Ethan and Olivia...I felt as I did before I got sick..Thank you LORD and all my DC friends...
kades

Despite all the things that went wrong tonight (re:dd) I have a smile on my face.
I hope Susan doesn't mind but her and I met for coffee this afternoon and she brought me a Makosh!! Dh and I weren't able to try it until a little bit ago. Oh My Goodness Gracious!!!!! It was delicious. I can't find words to describe how it brought me back to being with my grandmother. It really brought a smile and a tear to my face. Thank you Susan!

Kades, your post is making my grin even wider!!!!! That is so wonderful to hear.

Susan and Homecook, I am so glad that you got to meet. I am going to have to try this Makosh recipe!!!!!

My little friend (four years old) who had 4 surgeries regarding an amputation was able to go home today for Christmas and will be back in the hospital on Saturday. I get to go see him tomorrow and have a boatload of things for him, his brother and baking for his parents. I can't wait to see him!

Old photos of Lily Lily Queen of Cats... Miss her like crazy but seeing them made us remember how much love and joy she brought into our lives.

This is such a no-brainer.....

Watching the excitement as my Grandson Sammy tore into Christmas presents....

Anyone who doubts that Santa Claus "exists" need only look through the eyes of a child....:)

This is such a no-brainer.....

Watching the excitement as my Grandson Sammy tore into Christmas presents....

Anyone who doubts that Santa Claus "exists" need only look through the eyes of a child....:)
It makes you BELIEVE doesn't it? That is a wonderful feeling
kades:)

there are few things greater than joy in a child's face, huh kads and sk?

i got up at 6, then sorta dozed on the couch next to the tree with the cameras at the ready once again this year. my boy got up at 7 while it was still dark, so i flipped the video cam into infrared and got him, all green with glowing eyes first discovering that santa ate his cookies (burp), and then the gifts under the tree.

these are gonna be great videos to watch someday.

there are few things greater than joy in a child's face, huh kads and sk?

i got up at 6, then sorta dozed on the couch next to the tree with the cameras at the ready once again this year. my boy got up at 7 while it was still dark, so i flipped the video cam into infrared and got him, all green with glowing eyes first discovering that santa ate his cookies (burp), and then the gifts under the tree.

these are gonna be great videos to watch someday.
They will be BY, we have some of our kids when they were tiny and even with the new batch of babies to love, those videos bring tears to my eyes every time we play them..We may have to swallow cookies when we really don't want them, our feet will get cold huddled under a throw instead of our warm beds..but the treasure we get for this..There is nothing to compare..Your a great daddy BT
kades

CJ, it was so good to see that you had a great day. Christmas is always better with the kids around. We had a grown up day. Owen was gone to his Dad's and boy, did we miss him, as we have for almost a week now. He will be home on Sunday, though, so we will celebrate Christmas all over again.

Back
Top Bottom