Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Finding a note from my sweet DH in his empty lunch bag when I went to pack it up today "Thanks for packing such wonderful meals for me".

awww, he looks like a scallion-ish type of wilson! that's funny! i love that movie!

LPBeier, will dill grow just about everywhere? I have a back patio that is paved with brick, and dill is growing out of the concrete between the bricks! Salmon and cucumbers, anyone?

LPBeier, will dill grow just about everywhere? I have a back patio that is paved with brick, and dill is growing out of the concrete between the bricks! Salmon and cucumbers, anyone?

Claire, yes, dill is very hearty and the seeds are small and light so they just grow whereever they land.

As for the Salmon and Cucumbers, when's supper?! LOL :)

DH just told me that we (just the 2 of us) are going on a surprise anniversary trip!! :w00t2: All I know is we're leaving next Friday and coming back the next Tues!!!

DH just told me that we (just the 2 of us) are going on a surprise anniversary trip!! :w00t2: All I know is we're leaving next Friday and coming back the next Tues!!!

Congratulations on your anniversary and I hope you have a wonderful time on your mystery trip!

Okay, I never thought I would say that I am smiling because we brought my Dad to tears, but that is the case today.

We spent the day at his condo and are getting close to completion of clearing it out, but still have a ways to go. But he is feeling so much better about it and more relaxed so that is a good thing.

It is his 84th birthday on Friday and my sister is out of town then so we celebrated tonight. We took him out for dinner, but before that we gave him the present that she, DH and I gave him.

His eyesight is very bad as is his hearing. We though of a digital picture frame to put all his memories into one place as he doesn't have room for all the albums and stuff and can't see many of them anyway. He does well with his LED monitor so we figured the picture frame would do well. He also has problems reading the caller ID on his phone and we had thought of getting him a large display phone. Well, DH and I went yesterday and found this digital picture frame that is also a cordless phone (which is also hearing aid compatible). And you program it so that a certain picture will come up when someone calls. It was perfect (and on sale!).

Well, he was absolutely surprised and pleased. I only had time to put in about 20 photos but I picked a good cross section I have found while going through his stuff. And when we told him he could have about 6,000 on the memory card we bought he was totally amazed!

My Dad said this is the best present he has ever gotten and was moved to tears. This is a man who is very set in his ways and hard to surprise or please.

My heart is smiling tonight and will continue as we pick the other 5,980 pictures to fill his frame. Oh, and a further smile, DH and he are going over all the features right now - some good guy time for them.

Last edited:
Having a parent/teacher conference yesterday and being told my son, who is in the 6th. grade was reading at a 9th. grade level. That's nice, you say! When my son was in 3rd. grade he was diagnosed with a learning disability and was almost 2 years behind in reading compared to his classmates. I am still smiling. In fact my face hurts! Proud mom signing off!

Back
Top Bottom