"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-12-2013, 06:00 PM   #5381
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 25,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
w00t!
+1!!

And glad you're feeling better, Kylie!

Bear with me, this has a happy ending:

Had a very frustrating morning as the iPad, iPhone, and PC at home were not working AT ALL. They were fine last night. No internet connection, even though the signal in the upper left corner showed it was working, and it showed up in Settings. I use a router with a Verizon plug-in thingy. I played around with the stuff for awhile, then went to work, where we do have a (usually unreliable) connection, and the iThings worked, at work. After the Friday from Hell, I came home and played around with the system, unplugging, restarting, etc. Nothing. Then I pushed a hidden button on the router, held my breath, and it worked!!! I'd thought I would have to call Verizon, but now I am reconnected! Yay!!!
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:07 PM   #5382
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,114
Thank you DL

Sadly though I have gone back a bit and not feeling the best today...but hopefully I get better soon
__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:33 AM   #5383
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Zhizara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 12,456
I did some research and found out why my payment date was changed.

A couple of months ago I applied for Medicaid online. I was approved and found that Medicaid meant that they pay Medicare Part B for me. That was started at the beginning of March, and that's why the deposit date was changed.

I'm really looking forward to no more 5 week months. Plus, early payment if the 3rd falls on the weekend.
__________________

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:25 AM   #5384
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 26,385
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
I did some research and found out why my payment date was changed.

A couple of months ago I applied for Medicaid online. I was approved and found that Medicaid meant that they pay Medicare Part B for me. That was started at the beginning of March, and that's why the deposit date was changed.

I'm really looking forward to no more 5 week months. Plus, early payment if the 3rd falls on the weekend.
So, will the payments be on the same day every month (except the holidays and weekends)?
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #5385
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Zhizara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 12,456
Yep. It's a permanent change.

I'll have to remember to deduct my cable bill estimate from my running balance so I don't forget it (est. $130/mo.). They don't notify me until around the 19th of the month what my actual total is. It varies by a dollar or two each month.
__________________

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:37 AM   #5386
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Zhizara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 12,456
Another Big Smile!

I got another big smile this morning when I realized that I won't have to pay the cable bill ($130+) until next month.

Not only was I $100 ahead when I found out payday was now the 3rd of the month instead of the 3rd Wednesday, but the cable bill comes in later in the month and won't be due until well after next payday.
__________________

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:45 AM   #5387
Master Chef
 
Aunt Bea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: near Mount Pilot
Posts: 7,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
I got another big smile this morning when I realized that I won't have to pay the cable bill ($130+) until next month.

Not only was I $100 ahead when I found out payday was now the 3rd of the month instead of the 3rd Wednesday, but the cable bill comes in later in the month and won't be due until well after next payday.
Whenever I start out ahead I end up behind!
Aunt Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #5388
Honey Badger
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,656
Awwww I just received a beautiful bouquet of flowers from my husband.

He remembered I love Lillies. HAPPY Anniversary! WOW! 24 got me those, what's 25 get?

Too bad he has to trudge off to work today. We'll do our dinner out on his day off.
__________________
If your with me that's great. If not. Get out of my way.
Chef Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:31 PM   #5389
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 22,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
+1!!

And glad you're feeling better, Kylie!

Bear with me, this has a happy ending:

Had a very frustrating morning as the iPad, iPhone, and PC at home were not working AT ALL. They were fine last night. No internet connection, even though the signal in the upper left corner showed it was working, and it showed up in Settings. I use a router with a Verizon plug-in thingy. I played around with the stuff for awhile, then went to work, where we do have a (usually unreliable) connection, and the iThings worked, at work. After the Friday from Hell, I came home and played around with the system, unplugging, restarting, etc. Nothing. Then I pushed a hidden button on the router, held my breath, and it worked!!! I'd thought I would have to call Verizon, but now I am reconnected! Yay!!!
I always go for the reset button first. Spike is one of those thingy geeks and has taught me a lot over the years. Everytime I would call him, the first thing he would ask is "Did you try the resewt button?" Of course not. So now I do.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:33 PM   #5390
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 22,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Awwww I just received a beautiful bouquet of flowers from my husband.

He remembered I love Lillies. HAPPY Anniversary! WOW! 24 got me those, what's 25 get?

Too bad he has to trudge off to work today. We'll do our dinner out on his day off.
What a great guy. You have a keeper. I was lucky that either of my marriages lasted 24 minutes.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:19 PM   #5391
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 25,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Awwww I just received a beautiful bouquet of flowers from my husband.

He remembered I love Lillies. HAPPY Anniversary! WOW! 24 got me those, what's 25 get?

Too bad he has to trudge off to work today. We'll do our dinner out on his day off.
Happy Anniversary, Munky and DH of Munky! Hope you get to have a great day-off dinner!

Addie, I had no idea the router even had a reset button, as it's the one thing that always works! Just figured Verizon had an outage. Now I know!
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:42 PM   #5392
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 26,385
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Happy anniversary Munky.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:21 PM   #5393
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 38,883
Happy Anniversary Munky!

25 should be silver!!!

I'm hoping 28 years = Pork Belly...
__________________
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:34 PM   #5394
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 25,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Happy Anniversary Munky!

25 should be silver!!!

I'm hoping 28 years = Pork Belly...
Hmm. I think # 28 is Naugahyde. I may be wrong.
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:36 PM   #5395
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 38,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Hmm. I think # 28 is Naugahyde. I may be wrong.
Baby Nauga's?
__________________
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:44 PM   #5396
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 25,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post

Baby Nauga's?
Not sure, I'll have to check the card. I suspect pork belly would be a reasonable substitute.
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:54 PM   #5397
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 38,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Not sure, I'll have to check the card. I suspect pork belly would be a reasonable substitute.
My BFF had her daughter convinced their sofa was made of Baby Nauga Hides...
__________________
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:11 PM   #5398
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 25,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post

My BFF had her daughter convinced their sofa was made of Baby Nauga Hides...


Many years ago, my darling MIL sent us an anniversary card with a checklist of various items to be gifted with each year of marriage. Not the usual stuff. I think we were on either mosquito netting or Windex for our fifth year. This year will be around 26, so it might be either smoked meats or vaccuum cleaner bags.
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #5399
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mostly in my head
Posts: 2,601
A maple dip donut from Tim Horton's. Been in Calgary for a week and when do I finally get a chance to go to Timmy's? At the airport waiting for my flight home. It's ok though because the donut was so good and a nice treet before the flight.
__________________
Just because something has a duck bill doesn't mean it's a platypus. It might just be a duck.
Roger Miller: You can't roller skate in a buffalo heard, but you can be happy if you've a mind to.
purple.alien.giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:14 AM   #5400
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mostly in my head
Posts: 2,601
Talking to my Grandma on the phone.
__________________
Just because something has a duck bill doesn't mean it's a platypus. It might just be a duck.
Roger Miller: You can't roller skate in a buffalo heard, but you can be happy if you've a mind to.
purple.alien.giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.