Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today I went to the hospital to meet my brand new nephew, Noah Thomas. He came to see us about 4 weeks early, which is probably good, he already weighed 7 lbs, he may have been 9 by his due date!
It was so nice to hold a teeny one again, not that mine are all that old, but I'm done having babies and REALLY needed a baby fix!!

Today I went to the hospital to meet my brand new nephew, Noah Thomas. He came to see us about 4 weeks early, which is probably good, he already weighed 7 lbs, he may have been 9 by his due date!
It was so nice to hold a teeny one again, not that mine are all that old, but I'm done having babies and REALLY needed a baby fix!!
Wow! Congrats to your whole family! Don't they just smell and feel wonderful? Does he have any hair?

Wow! Congrats to your whole family! Don't they just smell and feel wonderful? Does he have any hair?

Thanks! He's got a TON of dark hair! His sideburns grow into his eyebrows. I decided his nickname was monkey man.

What made me smile from ear to ear was to get a message last night that "rent a daughter" has finally decided she has had enough of the cold north and is leaving Inuvik tomorrow and will be home by the end of the week! Now I have to scramble to get her room ready for her! But that will be a labour of love.

I've been smiling continuously since yesterday around lunchtime. Miss Chiefy, one of our outdoor kitties, had a litter of kittens on March 11th. She hid them under the house near the kitchen. We could hear them mewing through the floor vent. At least we knew they were sheltered and safe.

Since they are 4 weeks old today, I've been talking with Chiefy about bringing her children out and onto the front porch so we could see them and so they could begin eating "big kitty" food.

Every day when I put her breakfast and supper out I reiterated to Chiefy the necessity of introducing her family.

Well, just after lunch yesterday she brought all 5 kittens up and onto the porch. I put a nice big box with a blanket out for her and she put all her babies in it.

They're gorgeous and all long-haired. The first one she presented was a pastel calico. Beautiful markings. Lavender-gray/white/peach with a doll face. We've called this one "Silver."

Another one is deep orange with the smallest bits of white. This is "Nutmeg."

A third one is dark brown/black tabby-like we're calling "Shadow."

The remaining two are medium orange with white touches on their ears and ruffs. They are identical and we're going to find it difficult to tell them apart. No names for them...yet.

All of them are very friendly and seem to enjoy being hugged and petted.

There's nothing more comforting and cuter than a box of fluffy kittens. I can't wait to watch them playing on the porch!!!

There's nothing more comforting and cuter than a box of fluffy kittens. I can't wait to watch them playing on the porch!!!

What a site to be seen - so cute ! Hope you take some pic's !

How fun! I've always loved kittens! I'm always sad when they grow out of their cute roly poly stage.

Last thing that made me smile, a phone call early this morning and a little voice saying, Hi Ma, want to take Pa out to dinner tonight for his birthday? Sure Cade, that will be fine he will love it..Okay Ma, but, can I sit next to you? Of course you can..Okay I'll see you about 3 and Ma, yes Cade, I love you...Oh boy my feet still haveen't touched the floor:LOL:

kadesma

I don't know wether to put this in smiles or celebrations!

I went to the liqour store this afternoon (which in and of itself is a celebration), and after I paid for my things, the lady gave me a second look and said "I'm sorry, could I see your ID please?"....

Folks I am about to turn 34 which really is making me feel elderly. (I know I'm not, I'm sorry its just the place I'm in) I was wearing sweats and didn't put my make-up on today...... making me feel even better!!!!

Also at work I put on the calendar that my 24th b-day is coming up.... just to get a laugh since the kids are all putting up thier 16th anf 17th b-days, and my MIL works there also. One of the kids asked me on Sunday how old my kids were...... I found out later she ACTUALLY thought I was 23 and had my first kid at 15!!!!

I am having an awesome week!!!!

I don't know wether to put this in smiles or celebrations!

I went to the liqour store this afternoon (which in and of itself is a celebration), and after I paid for my things, the lady gave me a second look and said "I'm sorry, could I see your ID please?"....

Folks I am about to turn 34 which really is making me feel elderly. (I know I'm not, I'm sorry its just the place I'm in) I was wearing sweats and didn't put my make-up on today...... making me feel even better!!!!

Also at work I put on the calendar that my 24th b-day is coming up.... just to get a laugh since the kids are all putting up thier 16th anf 17th b-days, and my MIL works there also. One of the kids asked me on Sunday how old my kids were...... I found out later she ACTUALLY thought I was 23 and had my first kid at 15!!!!

I am having an awesome week!!!!

I bet you're walking on beauty clouds!!

If you want to really prolong your youth the cheap way then start protecting your skin from the sun if you don't already. Wear sunscreen and antiwrinkle cream (I buy the cheaper generic) as a daily make-up base.....I buy the kind made specifically for faces and at least a 30SPF.. Avoid the sun as much as possible or wear a protective hat.........thank god I hated sunbathing while growing up in the sunscreenless decades.......you could always find me under the umbrellas.......eat a good diet and drink plenty of fluids and you should keep your youthful appearance. I, too, have been mistakened for younger years.:ROFLMAO:.....at nearly 54 I have no wrinkles yet and no gray hair. But the hair is due to genetics and not sunscreen. My son's pediatrician looked extremely young for his age and according to his wife he didn't go anywhere without sunscreen since his 20's. Far cheaper than cosmetic surgery that isn't covered by insurance....

That I can't help, I LOVE the sun, look sickly if I stay this pasty.....
But I know when to get out of it and not burn to a crisp.... ok maybe after the 1st burn of spring..... which i wish i could have had by now!!!!

Oh, great, can I be the chief designer of Dove's new woodshed??-----I love loud flower-power designs in bright blue and foiled, flocked wallpaper in burnt orange......that should be punishment enough don't you think and a beaded doorway..........I'm sure some of you can add other furnishings........

Back
Top Bottom