"00" flour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scattergun2570

Assistant Cook
What is 00 Flour?
Where do I find it?
Is all purpose 00?

I have never come across this in a recipe before until today :ohmy:

Interesting...well this is a pizza dough recipe calling for it,,,what happens if I use AP Flour?

The dough will turn out good.

AP flour is a higher protein flour than KA's 00 flour. So the liquid amount may have to be upped a little as higher protein flours absorb more water than lower protein flours.

Also, there will be a small difference in texture. Higher protein flours will give you chewier crust.

The dough will turn out good.

AP flour is a higher protein flour than KA's 00 flour. So the liquid amount may have to be upped a little as higher protein flours absorb more water than lower protein flours.

Also, there will be a small difference in texture. Higher protein flours will give you chewier crust.

Interesting... I think he is looking for an AIRY type of finished product with this 00 recipe.. Would it produce that type of crust?

Not sure what airy means. A lot depends on how thin you make the crust and other factors. The flour is one part of the equation.

I use imported 00 for Italian breads, although its high gluten for me its a softer flour than strong bread flour and is ideal for the poolish method of bread making.
I use imported french Type 65 flour for baguettes ect.
Does King Arthur produce a 65 ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom