"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking
Click Here to Login

Old 11-01-2021, 04:27 PM   #1
Senior Cook

Frozen Pizza

There is simply no decent pizza place in my neck of the woods. When I lived in NY and north Jersey there was always a great Pizza place. Folks around here simply enjoy only the normal southern fare.

I finally decided that Red Barron pizza is the best of the bunch. I add more decent sauce, more pepperoni, green pepper, and pepper jack cheese to one of their single pizzas, then top it with a decent parm. It makes a decent meal.
Anyone have any more suggestions for a better brand or better toppings?

LizStreithorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 04:44 PM   #2
Sous Chef

I can relate. Consider asking your local spots for just the dough/crust, then add your own sauce and toppings.

In town, I like everything about our pizza place, except for their red sauce (which seems to be a low quality tomato paste thinned out with water… yuk).

Red Barron is good, so is Tombstone (same company), but many supermarkets have refrigerated pizzas for not much more, and are way better.

But my best recommendation is just to get the dough/crust and make your own sauce and toppings.
WhateverYouWant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 04:47 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Penzeys has a salt-free herb and spice blend called Frozen Pizza Seasoning designed to be used as - ta da! - a seasoning for frozen pizza! It has fennel seeds, oregano and other stuff in a traditional pizza sauce. And Penzeys is having a sale right now - check it out on the website: www.penzeys.com
Old 11-01-2021, 08:07 PM   #4
Certified/Certifiable

If you have a Walmart, the take home and bake pizzas found as you walk into the grocery side, have a tasty crust. I used to purchase a large cheese pizza, then go through the market to get the ingredients for home made sauce, ant the toppings I wanted to put on top. It made a pretty good pizza.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- https://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen, pizza