ISO a metal net for roasting an eggplent on a gas stove

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SEEING-TO-BELIEVE

Head Chef
hi

another thing i'm wondering about

if i'm roasting eggplants or bell peppers on a gas stove, is it much better to put them on some sort of a designated metal net?

if yes, can you show me a photo of a good one?

thanks

When I roast peppers on a gas burner, I just place them directly on. Don't have time to leave them as they need constant turning. Don't see the point in using something else.

Have only roasted eggplant in the oven.

when i did it on gas without a net it got stuck to the burner head often.
i think i will try to find such net and will let you know later on.

they usually use these nets if i correct for the kosher process in internal chicken parts

I have a designated cooling rack for this, and charring peppers, but most of them I do outside on my grill or its side burner - in the summer, once my AC goes on, I rarely turn on my gas range! On the grill, I remove the grate on one side, and put the cooling rack right over the burners - this chars the peppers fastest, though the eggplants have to be done a little slower, to cook through, so I usually grill those with the grates in place, on medium. And for just one or two, I use the side burner.

Last edited:
I´ve roasted peppers over an open flame, but to be honest, I think I prefer just stuffing them under a fierce grill (broiler) then putting them in a plastic bag to get the skin off.
Eggplant/aubergine - I´ve got a ridged, solid iron skillet. Cover the aubergine with foil and add a few fruit twigs. Works a treat. I´d not want to put aubergine directly on the flame, because they become very soft when cooked and just might split all over the place.

I think you could use almost any cooking rack (think cookie rack) but one this this is purpose built: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085BCT68N/

rack.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Janet. I have put that in my cart. There are others cheaper, but this one seems to hit all the points I'm looking for.

Back
Top Bottom