ISO Beginner's really simple recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can I suggest you go to nearest Toronto Public Library and look in the Cookery section -Section 641.5 They have a big collection of books. Or ask at the Information desk, they are very nice and helpful. And they have also the ethnic section where you can find recipes from different countries.;)

LeafsFan1122 said:
... I know I'm being very vague in my request but It's just that I'm a complete newb to this kinda stuff to keep the suggestions coming. ...

Well LeafsFan ... I have to agree with what others have said - you need to read some cookery books. And, knowing what your cooking skill level is would certainly help determine what might be simple for you ... boiling an egg could be difficult for some people ... some people don't know how to use a microwave.

We have a whole slew of forums that are dedicated to specific topics under the catagory Specific Chat & Recipes - here you will find all kinds of recipes ... many of them very basic and simple. But, like with a cookery book - you'll just have to take some time and browse around to find something that looks good to you.

Here is my recipe for Slum Gullion - from our Beef, Prok, Lamb Forum in the Beef section, in the Goulash Recipes Thread , and Chicken with Long Grain and Wild Rice with herbs and Mushrooms, and there are recipes for pot roasts, New England Boiled Dinners, chicken and dumplings, oven baked "mock BBQ" country style pork ribs with "microwave" baked sweet potato and turnip greens with cornbread, gumbos, stews, beans and rice with cornbread, split peas cooked in a broth made from either a smoked ham hock or turkey leg/wing - with the meat diced and added back to the peas with some onion and served over cornbread, sauté some hamburger with some onion - add a nob of butter and a big dollop of sour cream and serve over egg noodles for hamburger stroganoff .... heck, even the infamous tuna-noodle casserole can be made a couple of ways ... stovetop or baked, and ... etc. And, that doesn't even touch on things from our Ethnic Forum ....

I'm sorry if my answer seems as vague as your question - but it would take a team of us a couple of nights to identify and link you to every easy recipe that has been posted here over the years ....

Search around and if you have any specific questions about a recipe, or a term or technique, don't be afraid to ask. Just, if you are a little less vague we might be able to help you more.

Last edited:
Articles from Delia Online

I know these are UK recipes but many people in the US use Delia's recipes too.
It is a fact that she spells it out in simple steps and every recipe has been tried and tested. It may help.
What I would say is it's great fun experimenting and the fun and pleasure never goes away, so keep trying, experimenting and enjoy yourself.
Someone on DC will always be able to help with your queries..or that's been my experience.

Enjoy yourself.

Back
Top Bottom