ISO help w/Gordon Ramsay's filet mignon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:chef:As usual, I agree with Jenny. The finger test should be perfected if you don't want your beautiful steaks with holes in them, leaking juice from a digital thermometer. It doesn't take long to get the "feel" of the perfectly done steak. Rare for mine please.;)

Cooking times depend on how hot the pan is and how well done you want your meat.

You can't really cook meat by time. Cook by temp. For steaks and burgers you cook by feel.

Check this out: The Finger Test to Check the Doneness of Meat | Simply Recipes

Thanks for the tip! Say I wanted to sear it though on both sides before adding the chicken stock, and the steak is 1 and a half inches thick, any estimates if frying in olive oil on medium-high heat?

Thanks for the tip! Say I wanted to sear it though on both sides before adding the chicken stock, and the steak is 1 and a half inches thick, any estimates if frying in olive oil on medium-high heat?

How well done do you like it? That is going to make a huge diffenece in how long you are going to cook it.

If your looking to sear, make sure your pan is really hot. Then add the oil, it should "shimmer" as soon as you put it in, might even smoke a little. Once you put the steaks in, they'll let you know when they're ready to flip by releasing from the pan. Can't give you an exact time.

Craig

You'll never catch me simmering a filet in chicken stock!:wacko::ROFLMAO: I can't imagine why you'd wanna pour that mess over a perfectly good steak.

Back
Top Bottom