Need help on bake time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phil

Senior Cook
I've been baking date loaf cakes for years. The batter fills a 52 ounce loaf pan and I bake it for an hour. How long would I bake a mini loaf pan, 20 oz.? Any baking conversions? Thanks for your help, Phil.

I've been baking date loaf cakes for years. The batter fills a 52 ounce loaf pan and I bake it for an hour. How long would I bake a mini loaf pan, 20 oz.? Any baking conversions? Thanks for your help, Phil.

I would say to cut the time down to 1/3 and check, bake further in 5 min increments to decide final baking time. Troublesome, but the differences in baking times, temps, ovens, etc. makes it difficult to come up with a concrete time for baking. :)

Thanks for your input, Princess, but the timing wasn't even close. Those little loafs took fifty minutes. I simply kept an eye on the baking and could tell from the browness on top. They came out perfect. Thses loaf cakes don't respond to the tooth pick or knife test. That is the reason I posted the qusetion.

Thanks for your input, Princess, but the timing wasn't even close. Those little loafs took fifty minutes. I simply kept an eye on the baking and could tell from the browness on top. They came out perfect. Thses loaf cakes don't respond to the tooth pick or knife test. That is the reason I posted the question.

And the reason I suggested baking it the way I did. There are no conversions for baking times, just trial and error...I erred on the side of not burning up the loaves. It's exactly how I would have approached the problem with something I had never done.:chef: I'm glad they turned out well!

And the reason I suggested baking it the way I did. There are no conversions for baking times, just trial and error...I erred on the side of not burning up the loaves. It's exactly how I would have approached the problem with something I had never done.:chef: I'm glad they turned out well!
You are exactly correct. I'm just surprised it took that much time. Thanks again.

I'm too late already, it just an info. I think, temp and time is the same regardless how big or small you will bake. It will still be the same, maybe, it took much time because you checked it every 5 or 10 mins. Try baking it in the same time span and temp even if it is big or small. Just my two cents. :)

I'm too late already, it just an info. I think, temp and time is the same regardless how big or small you will bake. It will still be the same, maybe, it took much time because you checked it every 5 or 10 mins. Try baking it in the same time span and temp even if it is big or small. Just my two cents. :)
I just kept an eye on it through the oven window and was judging it by the color. I never opened the oven door. I think you're right about the time. It takes an hour for a one or two pound meat loaf. This cake is about the same.

Back
Top Bottom