"Quick" or "5 ingredients or less" forum?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
@MadCook---- What a sweetheart looking up the American Red Cross. I'll start with that after my nap. I AM a senior, you know. (grin)

Cave, just to let you know. If you can't find one for free, Medicare will pay for 80% of the cost should you need to pay for it yourself. All you will need is a letter from your doctor's office. It can be faxed to the store or manufacturer. And they will contact you for your information. If you need more info, let me know and I can walk you through the process. :angel:

The taste of crow? BLECH! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the tip about Medicare- and the bench. I may try that---- if my doctor will agree.

Tip for people who want their doctor to write something on their behalf. Sometimes (for not too technical or medically complex things) if a person writes out the letter themselves, sends to to the doctor. Ask him to amend it if necessary.

The doctor, if compliant, will often just copy/paste that onto his letterhead and send it on. That saves him or his secretary the time.

I and many others I know have done that AFTER THE DOC WAS ASKED IT WAS O.K. It might just get the ball rolling faster.

The taste of crow? BLECH! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the tip about Medicare- and the bench. I may try that---- if my doctor will agree.

Tip for people who want their doctor to write something on their behalf. Sometimes (for not too technical or medically complex things) if a person writes out the letter themselves, sends to to the doctor. Ask him to amend it if necessary.

The doctor, if compliant, will often just copy/paste that onto his letterhead and send it on. That saves him or his secretary the time.

I and many others I know have done that AFTER THE DOC WAS ASKED IT WAS O.K. It might just get the ball rolling faster.

That is a good tip. Thanks for sharing it.

PF said:
"That is a good tip. Thanks for sharing it."
You're welcome. Unfortunately I have too much medical 'expertise' :(

For others, it also helps you learn Medical-ese. Something more and more important as you age or if you have a chronic health condition.

PF said:
"That is a good tip. Thanks for sharing it."
You're welcome. Unfortunately I have too much medical 'expertise' :(

For others, it also helps you learn Medical-ese. Something more and more important as you age or if you have a chronic health condition.

I'm an RN and I didn't think of it. AND I have too much experience with the medical community.

Back
Top Bottom