Frozen stir-fry vegetables

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did the stir fry last night. Coating the strip steak in corn starch made all the difference in the world. The pieces fried up with a velvety like texture maintaining more meat flavor than if I hadn't. No rubbery texture either. As far as the vegetables go, I liked the flavor of some pieces over others, which is why I'm still going to pursue making my own custom mix of frozen Asian vegetables. Also, I put the frozen vegetables in the fridge an hour and a half beforehand so they weren't so rock hard frozen come fry time. Served it on a bed of white rice.

Caslon, thanks so much for the review! Glad to hear you were happy with it. :chef:

In that case, GG, I'd peel every danged thing before it went into my mouth! You gotta do what you gotta do to stay OK.

Did the stir fry last night. Coating the strip steak in corn starch made all the difference in the world. The pieces fried up with a velvety like texture maintaining more meat flavor than if I hadn't. No rubbery texture either...
Yay and Congratulations! Sound like you had great success. Reading this along, too, made me realize why the Beef and Broccoli recipe I use from long ago resulted in such good beef. The recipe has you marinate the beef in a corn starch-soy sauce-beef broth mixture for about an hour before stir frying.

In that case, GG, I'd peel every danged thing before it went into my mouth! You gotta do what you gotta do to stay OK.

Yay and Congratulations! Sound like you had great success. Reading this along, too, made me realize why the Beef and Broccoli recipe I use from long ago resulted in such good beef. The recipe has you marinate the beef in a corn starch-soy sauce-beef broth mixture for about an hour before stir frying.

Sounds good. I'm going to consider trying that (marinade for beef and broccoli) These Walmart strip steak pieces are pretty thin. I'll have to be careful not to overdo the marinating time.

Back
Top Bottom