Portobella mushrooms stuffed with Boursin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ishbel

Executive Chef
I'm not sure whether you can get the French soft cheese known as Boursin in the USA. But if so, this is a very tasty supper dish or light lunch...

Serves: 2

4 large Portabella mushrooms, wiped clean
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
125g pot Boursin Light (or regular if fats are of no concern!)
3 pieces sundried tomatoes, chopped
1 handful of basil chopped, (leave couple of sprigs whole, for decoration)
50g roquette (rocket)
A small amount of French dressing

Preheat oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Drizzle the mushrooms with the oil and season with a little freshly ground black pepper. Place on a baking tray, stalk side up, and cook for 10 minutes, until the mushrooms are just tender.

Meanwhile, place the Boursin in a bowl and mix in the sundried tomatoes and basil. Divide the Boursin mixture between the mushrooms, leaving the stalk exposed. Return to the oven for 2-3 minutes to heat the filling.

Toss the roquette (rocket) in a little dressing. Remove the mushrooms from the oven once the filling has heated through, and garnish with basil. Serve immediately with the dressed roquette and slices of petit pain bread.

Sound so good.
What is 200C in Fahrenheit? Do you rehydrate the tomatoes or use them dried?
BTW, I have a recipe for Boursin cheese.

Roquette or rocket (Fr spelling vs English) is a salad leaf vegetable which adds an interesting flavour to beef up boring lettuce type salads!

I'm not 100 per cent sure, but think that maybe Americans may call it arugala?

oooooooooooooooooooh!

This reminds me of the "Chickory=Endive" discussion we had a couple of days ago.

Thanks!!

It's also called arugula, if that helps any. =)

The leaf shape is kind of like that of an oak, only the edges are rough. It has a sharp, almost peppery taste. It's very popular in in Italian cooking.

:heart:
Z

jkath said:
oooooooooooooooooooh!

This reminds me of the "Chickory=Endive" discussion we had a couple of days ago.

Thanks!!

Zereh has confirmed that roquette (aka rocket) is arugala - again, as you said, it's a case of same language, different meaning!

Boursin cheese recipe

A recipe for herbed boursin cheese spread, made with cream cheese, garlic, fresh parsley, and chives.

INGREDIENTS:

* 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
* 2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
* 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
* 1 tablespoon fresh or frozen minced chives
* cayenne pepper, to taste
* coarsely ground black pepper

PREPARATION:
Put softened cream cheese in a large mixing bowl.
Cook garlic cloves in boiling water for 3 minutes; drain then cool for 5 minutes and put through garlic press. Add minced garlic to cheese. Add parsley, chives, and cayenne and blend well.
Let stand for 1 hour to allow ingredients to mellow. Taste and adjust seasonings, if needed. Shape into a ball and roll in coarsely ground black pepper. Serve with assorted crackers.

Back
Top Bottom